Here I go again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are the man Cliff, do you have more than one fridge? Where do you get the butts, they look much better than my usual Wally World butts? Oh yea ... Go Cliff Go!

I get at SAMs. $1.39 lb by the case.

I put off coking till early tomorrow cuz the kids are out of the house tonight leaving the wife and I home alone.

Cliff H. said:
I get at SAMs. $1.39 lb by the case.

I put off coking till early tomorrow cuz the kids are out of the house tonight leaving the wife and I home alone.

Go Cliff go.......See Cliff go.......Go Cliff go! :LOL:

Have you cooked that many butts in a UDS before? I have read the butts can get mushy because of too much moisture.

Depending on the size of the butts, I may cook only 6 on my UDS. If I can get decent spacing for air flow I will cook 8. Today I just decided that I didn't want to cook on Two smokers.

I have never had issues with mush butts.

I have had issues with regulating temps and getting the butts off the lower rack without burning all the hair off my arms.

I really need to upgrade to a bigger smoker to handle these quantities.

Hey Cliff..snag yourself one of the Smoke N Tex electric models. It will make your life so much simpler you would not believe it. Got a pal who has one and the fella with the pellet pooper franchise hires the guy with the Electric to cook bbq for him. Real similar flavor to an offset without any of the hassles. Allows the Chef to sleep while the meat cooks itself etc. I can see why they are skerred of them for comp cooking..lol.

I haven't a speck of hair left on my right arm.
Cliff, you need to open a q joint..... ;)

The banquet went off without a hitch. My math worked out pretty good.

I was told there would be 130 peeps. I figured on that many people eating 8 Boston butts.

I was concerned about a large group of
teenagers making my math worthless.

I cooked 16 butts total. I vacuum sealed the first 8 in 2lb vac paks and put them on ice. My thought was, if I start to run out, I can reheat in a microwave like I do every year in Nashville.

As it turned out, even with the kids coming back for seconds, the crowd only ate 8 butts.

I sold some of the vac paks and donated the money to the soccer program. I came home with some also
To put in the freezer.

By the time I took this first pic, the crowd was winding down. The line started out all the way to the door. That is very intimidating.

Here is a shot of more than half of the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom