Help getting more heat out of lump charcoal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well ya know I think the stuff has its nich as is..or perhaps its former incarnation. Swear if a person ever want to try to cook a chicken real fast..that stuff will do the trick. First time I ever stoked Cowboy brand into my stubby little holey fire pan ECB Chicken Blaster that mofo got hot hot hot. In fact it had one of them highly precise Warm Ideal and Hot gauge setting which the Cowboy brand spun around past all them numbers and back into the hot section on the far side. In other words it spun it around twice. Now I may have had a little grease in there too who knows? At any rate time it got back down to true one lap hot setting was roughly the time I got brave enough to add the dead chickens. By that time it was all expended and time to restoke..which caused us to come in DAL yet again. Did not last long but was real intense in other words. They must use a small granular size and sure that varnish on the cabinet trimmings make it combust expeditiously.

bigwheel said:
Well ya know I think the stuff has its nich as is..or perhaps its former incarnation. Swear if a person ever want to try to cook a chicken real fast..that stuff will do the trick. First time I ever stoked Cowboy brand into my stubby little holey fire pan ECB Chicken Blaster that mofo got hot hot hot. In fact it had one of them highly precise Warm Ideal and Hot gauge setting which the Cowboy brand spun around past all them numbers and back into the hot section on the far side. In other words it spun it around twice. Now I may have had a little grease in there too who knows? At any rate time it got back down to true one lap hot setting was roughly the time I got brave enough to add the dead chickens. By that time it was all expended and time to restoke..which caused us to come in DAL yet again. Did not last long but was real intense in other words. They must use a small granular size and sure that varnish on the cabinet trimmings make it combust expeditiously.

Whoa, this is a first, Bigwheel admits to using a thermometer! :LOL:

Well if it has a working temp gauge I am glad to look at it. I dont even mind looking at broke ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom