Hello, and smoker question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trajhver

Assistant Cook
Hello all, this is my first post so first off I would just like to say hello to all and thank you for having me.

I will post my question now for anyone who just wants to answer it quick, and i will give a small introduction on myself at the end of my post just to be polite.

Question/Advice:
this is probably a question you get a lot so i am sorry if it annoys you.
I am interested in purchasing a good smoker, so I can start doin some Q and not just grilling.
As far as price goes, I am looking for the best bang for my buck, I want a good smoker, but I don't want to spend a thousand bucks. I would say I would probably want to spend at the most 300 or 400 (I'm not opposed to spending less though if good models are available).
I've looked online at models but I felt like the ones in my price range all had bad reviews. So I figured this would be the best place to ask.

As far as about me goes, I am 27, married, and I am a meat clerk at vons (safeway). I want to get into the meat cutter training program, I already cut the steaks when I'm alone anyways for people that request me to. I live in norco, california, and work in newport beach california; i hope to move back there soon. I usually cook for my wife and I, so I have always chosen to grill as my preferred method of cooking; it makes everything taste better. I'd like to own my restaurant or food truck one day. That's all really, besides the fact that I really want to get a smoker!

Thanks all for your time and happy grilling/BBQing
hopefully I have not come across as an idiot in anyway, if so i apologize.

Trevor/Trajhver
My blog which I hope to improve - grillingfortwo.tumblr.com/

Welcome.

"Best Bang For The Buck"?

Weber.

Weber Smokey Mountain. (WSM)

Read through the posts by Larry Wolf, and you'll find information on smoking on a Weber GRILL.

The WSM is more of a smoker than a grill, but you can grill on there too. The WSM comes in the 18" model and the 22" model. The Weber grills come in more sizes than I can count.

Good luck with your decision.

BOB

For a smoker you can get a Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM) $299 or $399 depending on which size you get or if you know how to use a tape measure and a drill you can build you an ugly drum smoker for less than $100. They make excellent smokers too, google it.

As far a grill goes you can't beat a Weber Kettle. They are priced very reasonable and put out some great grub!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom