Happy Thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Hope everyone has a great day today with family and friends! This is my favorite holiday, it is all about the food, with no guilt!
Here we go at 4am, pay no attention to the date code :oops:
There is nothing like pounding beer at 4am! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Þ
img_172039_0_cb1c7bc9889af5132fc22e131c50c6b2.jpg

img_172039_1_79c6796c1802266486b49ae2d22bf442.jpg

You too Green Hornet!!!.. Here's what I got going so far.... :D The first one is a Hot Cajun Turkey...Second is a Wolfe Rub Citrus & Alegro Turkey... Is that one of those big fosters? Glad I saw the wing hanging out... Be right back..:shock:
dsc029715808781kx7.jpg

dsc029815850046yf2.jpg

dsc029915883533ax2.jpg

Good Mornin and Happy Thanksgiving. I am just getting my day started....coffee first, then beer later. Since I am frying a turkey it will only take about 40 minutes. I wlll post pics of the process.......if I can hold the camera :shock:

BayouChilehead said:
Good Mornin and Happy Thanksgiving. I am just getting my day started....coffee first, then beer later. Since I am frying a turkey it will only take about 40 minutes. I wlll post pics of the process.......if I can hold the camera :shock:

Sounds good. I think that's what tripods are for: to hold your beer while you hold the camera. :idea:

Is this the official T-Day thread ?

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone. I have two turkeys in the works for this evening.

One on the drum and the other on my newly aquired Big Easy.

Well Happy Thansgiving to all. Got busy last night and rubbed down the bird (22 pound Kroger Brand totally enhanced) over and under the skin with Kraft 7 Seas Viva Eyetalian dressing..Wolf Bold and Lemon Peppa. Let it marinate overnight bagged up in the ice box. Got up about 6 AM and put it on the R2D2 breastes down. It been on about 4 hrs so far and checking 140 in the thigh. Trying to make it get to 175 by 2 PM. Been pelting it with some pee can wood. May throw a little hickory in there with it.

bigwheel

Happy ThanksGiving everyone! I gotta 15 lb. bird layin' on its back in the WSM. Brined it with Cuties, zest and juice and black peppa. Ive never brined before so this ought to be a learning experience. Fresh keg of Rolling Rock in the kegerator and a fresh 20 pack of MGD in a bottle in case I have to walk around the corner and check on the neighbors! :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :D

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Did 4 turkeys today. 2 for us and 2 for my buddy next door. Injected one with apple juice and Nake Pig BBQ Hawg Rub on the inside and rubbed the outside with naked pig. My second one I tried some butter Tony C injection and rubbed the outside with naked pig. Both turkeys I mixed apple juice, thyme, basil,mint and then soaked rosemary sprigs in this for a while. Put this up in the cavity and plugged the hole with tinfoil.
Came off smelling pretty good! Both turkeys were really juicy.

Cornbread dressing in the oven upstairs, pecan pie and pumpkin pie going downstairs. Waiting to cook sweet potata souffle and the all traditional green bean casserole.....made some jalapeno cornbread to snack on.

Y'all have a good one!

chuck

Cliff H. said:
Is this the official T-Day thread ?

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone. I have two turkeys in the works for this evening.

One on the drum and the other on my newly aquired Big Easy.

After some technical issues (watching too much TV), I finally got the bird on the WSM. Hope to post more pics in three hours.

Damn its hard to type when drinkin' a fawdy. Anyways, sorry my bacon isn't wrapped as tight as some other pics are, but I think it will taste as good. I just put one pound on it, draping it mostly. Couldn't find any toothpicks and concerned it would lead to juices running all over the place. Will post another pic when its ready. Probably an hour.
Cheers!

Green Hornet said:
Turkey is done.
Ya know it is a party when the kids put the canoe in the pool! :D
[/quote]

Yeah, I guess Thanksgiving isn't complete without a canoe in the pool. :?: Good for you.

I like that canoe idear and even owned one at one time. Now the only thang is the one I had required somebody to blow it up which aint too easy for Two Pack a Day Marlboro man for the past 40 years or so..cough cough. Might betta spring for a hardshell model for next year. Thanks.

bigwheel

WildFireEric said:
; ; ; ; ; ;

The end product was smokey and sweet. Not salty at all, which was a challenge since I brined a Butterball that was already injected with salt water. Since it took in two cups of the honey/salt/mixed spices brine in 7 hours, it tells me Butterball people did a crappy job :) The sweetness in the meat and drippings was probably a combo of the brown sugar on the skin, under the skin on the breast and honey brine. Very moist. Don't know if due to brine, bacon, aromatics in the cavity, or the chicken stock in the drippings pan that steamed. Cooked at 300 degrees for 3 hours until the breast hit 165. I used one cherry chunk, one apple chunk and a few handfuls of small apple tree twigs. Kingsford in a 1/2 Minion with a full chimney lit and dumped on top.

All in all a very fun, but slow smoke. We were tired for not getting to bed early the night before. I was up until almost 5am before hitting the rack for a few hours. Now that the chaos of Turbacon 08 is over, bring on Christmas 08. Yeehaww!!!! Black Friday starts in 2.5 hours. Will be in Leesburg Outlet stores!!!!!!

Anyone ready for leftovers???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yep...love that cornbread! I obtained a couple of "personal pan" pans from a manager of a famous pizza place and that is what I make it in. That way, I can cut it into 4 chunks and always have an end piece!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom