Grrrr....trying to plan ribs for the weekend..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
So my family (mother, 2 sisters, one of whom is back from China for the first time in 2 years) were coming down last weekend, but got delayed because of weather conditions and postponed till this week. So the two mainlanders have told the China girl about my ribs and she wants them.
So I've sent 4 emails to mainlander sister regarding when they want the ribs, Friday or Saturday. I get one response that says Friday, and then another that says Saturday. I haven't even bought the ribs yet!

ARGGHGHGH!

Some people just don't understand the concept of low and slow. I made it very clear I needed 6 hours to cook the ribs.

Sorry. Had to vent.

I see ya vent'n...loadin' them blanks in your gun.. :-D . You still have time, Capt'n ;)

Why not cook a batch on Friday and a batch on Saturday. Who ever gets tired of eating ribs? They freeze quite well in foodsaver and are great reheated in the bags. WEhen my son finished his MOS last year in Missorri, we went to see him and I brought some frozen ribs along that he popped in the microwave at the hotel and boy did he chow down!

Nick I was gonna ask about vac sealing cooked ribs and heating them in boiling water!!!!!! Do you put any sauce in when you vac em?

No way....bbq, be it chopped pork or ribs, must be eaten at the proper time. Freezing and re heating is fine, but for the ultimate experience, you must eat while the rendered pork fat is still glistening upon the meat, while the sauce is slowly mixing with that rendered fat and slowly basting the tender, succulent meat even as it travels from the plate to your mouth. In this, it's most pristine state, is bbq the only prepared food that spawns such a devoted following. It must be eaten at it's zenith.

AND THAT REQUIRES AT LEAST 6 HOURS NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry again.

Captain, do these people have no cooth??!?!!? I would give you my RSVP on the spot!

For example...some of my relatives heard I was smoking a butt this weekend and now I will have to get another one! My relatives know that when the WSM comes out, the Q comes in...and so do the masses!! 8)

Hey, Smokin' U....interested in a Sunday Q??

Captain Morgan said:
No way....bbq, be it chopped pork or ribs, must be eaten at the proper time. Freezing and re heating is fine, but for the ultimate experience, you must eat while the rendered pork fat is still glistening upon the meat, while the sauce is slowly mixing with that rendered fat and slowly basting the tender, succulent meat even as it travels from the plate to your mouth. In this, it's most pristine state, is bbq the only prepared food that spawns such a devoted following. It must be eaten at it's zenith.

Hey Capt. What I was refering to was that if you cooked both nights and ate all you could (the proper time) you could freeze the rest for one of those quick lunchs like the one I had today. Or you could freeze the balance and send them to me!

Captain Morgan said:

That was...sniff , sniff :cry: :cry: beautiful, sniff :cry: :cry: Cap'n ....sniff :cry: sniff :smt089 :smt089

Sorry again.

well, they're coming despite the threat of snow and ice.

I'm doing the ribs and a shank ham tomorrow to serve around 2 pm.

But I just had to share this email exchange between me and my sister.

She's never been married. She sends a message yesterday saying they are all coming today (Friday.)

I send back "do you want the ribs Friday or Saturday?", not knowing if they are leaving Saturday or not.

She sends back..."Friday."

Then she sends another email back that says "Saturday."

So I send her.."DADGUMMIT! I asked one question and got 2 different answers from the same person? It takes time and planning to make these things. Which is it?!?"

And she replies..."Quit yelling at me! I don't care when we eat the dang ribs!"

Let me see, I ask a simple question to better prepare me to do something nice for her.....she yells at me like I'm the jerk.

So I replied..."Sis, you're gonna make someone a perfect wife."

The Good Captain. (happily divorced).

Back
Top Bottom