Great Grandma's Molasses pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
My mother gave me this en, came from great grandma:

Molasses Pie

2 C molasses
1 C sugar
Juice of one lemon
1 Tbls melted butter
3 eggs, beaten

1/2 C pecans

Mix everthin but the pecans well, pour inta unbaked pie shell. Cover top with the pecans an bake 450* fer 15 mins then cut the heat back ta 350* an bake fer 35 min more, or till a tooth pick comes out clean in the center.

Yall enjoy!

Thanks Maynard. That sounds good and fairly easy to make. Tip your hat to Mom and Granny on our behalf also.

bigwheel

Made one, some notes

img_180180_0_f2885586856df3056e240580037dbfbc.jpg

It ain't real perty, but sure do taste mighty fine!

Now the notes:

1: Make this in a deep dish crust
2: ferget the 450* thin, I'm startin the next one out at 350*
3: Foil the edges a yer crust
4: Don't drop the thin on the floor, sure do make on sam hill of a mess!

When I die, ifin I gets ta meet great grandma, I sure do have some questions fer her! ;)

Well whew. Since we quoting kin here allow me to say whut my dear old Daddy woulda said on looking at such a yummy feast, "Dang bet that is richer than 3 foot up a Bull's Ass." Now whut make that part of a bull so rich I aint got a clue. Ya know since I been thinking on it this might be some type of Iowa version of Januine Texas Pee Can Pie. About the only difference I can detect is around here the old widder ladies who know how to make em right use Karo Syrup in place of the mole asses. They also mix the pee cans with the goop and the little nuts rise to the top and flatten out as they cook. Line up like a bunch of little soldiers. Never could figger that deal out. Must have something to do with physics I think.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom