Got BEEF!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Chuck that is....

THis morning we had a little frost on the smoker

but what has to be done.. has to be done... so we started with 88 lbs of chuck roll, got em seasoned and on they went. the Lang is chugging along at around 240 and things are moving along nicely... will post more as things progress

I could use some education on how to smoke a chuck roll.

What all comes off of that cut ?

How are you going to finish it temp wise ?

Pull or slice ?

Thanks for info Gary.

Cliff H. said:
I could use some education on how to smoke a chuck roll.

What all comes off of that cut ?

How are you going to finish it temp wise ?

Pull or slice ?

Thanks for info Gary.

chuck roasts and these chuck eye steaks these guys keep talking about.

I plan to take it to 170, foil it, then bring it up to 195-200 and pull/chop and bag it up in foodsaver bags.

Well I am a firm believer in chuck roasts is best used to be woman cooked in the house or made into high class chili or hamburger meat..stew..stoup etc. I dont know why anybody would want to bother to try to cook it on the pit then shred it? I mean if somebody wants to pull something why can't it be pork? Should be a lot cheaper than chuck rolls and brisket flats. Now why you mention a connection tween them? Hopefully you dont also push and pull brisket flats too now do ya? You feeding Jewish folks here or something? Thanks. :shock:

bigwheel

Gary in VA said:
Finished product.

I got a 55% yield of 49lbs from 88 lbs starting.... cost of product ended up being $4.17/lb... not much difference than brisket flats. :(

Yep, you coulda got a 5.25/lb if you woulda kept your azz out of the profits!!

I'm loving it! Great job!

Back
Top Bottom