Got a good deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dledmo

Sous Chef
I was driving over to visit my mother and as I approached the turn to her place, I saw out of the corner of my eye a small garage sale with a Weber grill out in front. Get pulled in to her place, make the hello's and hugs from the grandkids then walk over to the sale. Mostly nothing interesting, other than the grill, browse the stuff and let my girls pick out a couple of trinkets for a buck or so. They did have a keg fridge for $50, which I let my brother in on, then inspected the grill, which had a "Make an offer" sticker on it. A Weber 22" Silver still in good condition with a few paint chips on the edges. I had the girls run get some quarters out of the van for their stuff and walked back to my mom's place. Let the girls play and had some burgers done by my brother. Walked back to the other place, they were cooking on a gasser and had pretty much wrapped up the garage sale. Asked the guy manning the gasser, "Is that grill still for sale?" as I pointed to the Weber.
"Umm, yeah," he said back. I said I would give him ten bucks for it and he said OK.
So I just got me a Weber for just 10 bones. I'm happy and am going to work it out for Labor Day! :LOL:

Can't beat that! I'm looking to make a small fire pit for my backyard and I think a weber kettle would be perfect, especially a 10 dollar one.

Sweet! I got one a while back for $10 bucks on craigs list....it looked like the guy cooked hot dogs on it one time. Congrats on the deal!

Yeppers you is indeed a Smart Chopper as I used to know a fella who said that over the PA system whilst working at K-Mart. Nice snag.

bigwheel

I was coming home form the gym 3 weeks ago. My neighbor who just turned 50 got a new Weber grill from his wife, so out to the trash his old Weber went. I woke my son and told him to get out there and get it, he could take it up to college. I told him it would probably just need a new sparker. Turned out I was wrong, it only needed a good cleaning! Lite with the first push of the button! He called the other day from school and said he was cooking his first London Broil on it. He called the next day and said the results were perfect! What they say ................. one mans garbage.......................

Back
Top Bottom