Good eats and the fun doing it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks mighty yummy. See there is a reverse flow deal going on with the pit. We call them Georgia Cookers down here. Seems to have been kicked up a notch or two. Great placement on the firebox cook chamber union. Fine job.

Not too bad, for a hawk lover. ;) :D

Nice job and great pix!

Care to share what you did? Rub, brine, temp, wood, beer, etc

I used a rub that I created myself for the turkeys but put nothing on the chickens. The butts have a self created rub also after an overnight with brine in the fridge. I injected the breasts of the turkeys with chicken broth with melted butter in it so that when the butter hit the cold breast it harded back up and helped to hold the broth in the breast instead of leaking right back out. Smoked the butts with combination of hickory and cherry. Smoked the birds with blend of maple and cherry. No brine for the turkeys since they were not fresh but frozen in brine.

forgot to post the temps...the smoker funs 3 diffent temps in 3 different zones in the chamber. lower zone close to firebox runs at 235 the lower left zone runs 255 and upper rack or zone runs 275. The turkeys were done in 275 zone to prevent bacteria growing before it reached safe zone. The chicken were quick to bring to temp so they were done in the 255 zone then moved over after reaching safe zone to 235 zone. The butts low and slow for 12 hours in the 235 zone.

I have done 2 events so far this winter but we live in Iowa and BBQ isnt real easy to do in the cold. I do it for us all year round but business wont kick in here till weather breaks. Just got this one built in October of last year but have 3 more jobs set up so far this spring. It is on display downtown here today and tommorw so I am sure alot of grad parties and wedding work will come in yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom