Gomer's First Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Temp seems good so far, meat temp might be going up a little fast? 126 degrees so far after less then 4 hours. I have my Maverick on it though and a alarm to wake me up early, so I feel confident things will go well.

Thanks again

Gomer said:
Temp seems good so far, meat temp might be going up a little fast? 126 degrees so far after less then 4 hours. I have my Maverick on it though and a alarm to wake me up early, so I feel confident things will go well.

Thanks again

Morning Gomer, it's 4:24 am and I'm awake to check on your butts! :shock:

Don't get excited about the quick temp rise in your temps, they'll slow down soon enough and you'll wonder what's going on. Your temps will go up fairly fast until you get to the 160* range and then from there to 190-195* is when all of the "Magic" happens that makes pulled pork so wonderful!! That's why those 30-35* take soooooo long!!! Keep us updated with more pics!!

Larry! good morning, How I love and hate my Maverick... I haven't slept more then a hour tonight without it going off hehe but it is keeping my temps in range this way.

Thanks for the tips on the temp. When I put my fatty on when I wake up I will have a pic update for you all, but until then I am keeping the lid on :)

I am hitting 230 (which is my low) just got up to open the vents a little again. Seems things are good hanging tough at 165 degrees for I donno how long now, really been trying to sleep as much as I can hehe.

Gomer, don't try to keep exact temps or you will lose sleep and drive yourself nuts! When I do overnighters I set the low at 225* and high 280* for the dome temps. These are the temps I don't want my pit to go below or go above. The temps aren't necessarily "ideal" but they're not gonna hurt anything either and you'll get some sleep!

Where's the pic's???? :cry:

You guy's keep telling me not to open the thing then ask me where my pics are?? :) hehe It just started raining.. I am going to go take a shower in a min here (I guess I am up now..) After that I am going to put together a fattie, once I put that on I will take a pic for sure hopefully it isn't still raining..

So it is a decent rain out now, seems to have brought my temp down even lower.. down below 220 now, any suggestions?

Before I could even try that it went back up to temp, I think it was just the shock of the rain :) about 168 degrees now going good I think.

Back
Top Bottom