Going to get a WSM!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiles

Senior Cook
So far, in the last three weeks I've cooked 12 butts, 12 racks of spares and 12 racks of baby backs. Not to mention the 1200 quarts of stew I helped cook 4 weeks ago. The Q was cooked on my Lang 60 and while some were better then others, they were all good.

The Lang is a little too big to do an evening cook with just a few friends so I'm going to supplement my equimpent with a WSM so I can experiment and still cook with wood or charcoal. Nothing, let me repeat nothing that uses gas has been able to duplicate that flavors that the wood make.

I know I am chasing my tail trying to find a rub/sauce combination that fits everyones bill, but the only way I'm going to find out is by trial and error. At least I will get to eat all the results and there are no shortage of volunteers.

So that is my plan. Get a WSM and put all the knowledge gained in the last year to work. Most important, getting a good notebook so I can write everything down and make refinements. I'm looking to make a repeatable process that I can tweak to taste.

-Chiles

Chiles, Click on the logo at the top left off the page and then search Weber Smokey Mountain in the Amazon box...thanks!!

Unless you are buying in a store front...then forget what I just said! :LOL:

That is one purchase you will not regret, [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif] just make sure you don't forget to pay some attention to the Lang [smilie=nonono.gif] it just might get lonely once you get use to how convenient the WSM will be. :cheers

I ordered two off the link from this site. One for me and one for my dad. They offered two day shipping for 10 bucks each so I decided I wanted to break them in for the weekend.

I can't wait!!!

Chiles

Chiles said:
I ordered two off the link from this site. One for me and one for my dad. They offered two day shipping for 10 bucks each so I decided I wanted to break them in for the weekend.

I can't wait!!!

Chiles

Alright Chiles. You wont regret it. Like someone said earlier, dont neglect the Lang. She may turn on you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom