Game Hens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Did these game hens on the WSM and gas grill- 1 with Klose poultry rub the other with some dried jalepenos and orange peel I got from Penzies - mixed and mashed down with a pestol and morter. . Im not sure if I burned some flavor out of them when they hit the gas grill. A really bad attempt to crispy up the skin! It turned out pretty good but it wasnt spicy. The klose rub was definately better.

img_183393_0_155166e3315f5de8d322eaa8da720b54.jpg

img_183393_1_28d4c7cd34a94b02114884c332c7ae5d.jpg

img_183393_2_7e705b74e1457a96570a73499f3e6967.jpg

They were frozen (not when i cooked them) but it dont really matter to me. Ill keep maken em', they are fantastic on a rotissorie! (wich i just found cleaning out the garage.

I got 2 more birds and a london broil today. Doin the london broil tonight/ this afternoon. Ill try and get pics out tomorrow.

Its almost done now. Not sure what to take it off at to probably 170* any suggestions? wrap it....ive never done one like this.

Too late now but I would have pulled that LB off at 125º and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Those dudes get mighty tough above medium rare.

John A. said:
Too late now but I would have pulled that LB off at 125º and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Those dudes get mighty tough above medium rare.

Your damn right bout that! I screwed that one really good. :LOL: I didnt even take pics after it was done. The "taste" was ok but the meat was waaaaaaaay over cooked......Lived and learned on that one! Ill have to try another real soon.

The best part of the journey for me is "its food" and everyone needs to eat so as well as being my hobby, it feeds me, and more importantly my family. ( and i think thats a run on sentence )
Also its alot easier to walk in the house with $100 worth of food vs. another new magic trick (wich is my other hobby) or something. It works out good! :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Well I could help ya solve this problemo purty quick..don't buy no mo of them stinky thangs. I aint neva had one that wasn't as tough as a boot and they have just about as much flavor as a stalk of celery. If you get to craving some Fahitoes use skirt steak. That is as how the Lord intended. Leave the London Broil for the Bloomin Limeys. Since it named for them they must like it. Maybe eat it with their tea n crumpets etc. :roll:

bigwheel

dollarbill said:
The best part of the journey for me is "its food" and everyone needs to eat so as well as being my hobby, it feeds me, and more importantly my family. ( and i think thats a run on sentence )
Also its alot easier to walk in the house with $100 worth of food vs. another new magic trick (wich is my other hobby) or something. It works out good! :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Now that ive royally screwed the cook I have to do at least 1 more for my ego. ;) :oops: :P :evil:

dollarbill said:
dollarbill said:

Now that ive royally screwed the cook I have to do at least 1 more for my ego. ;) :oops: :P :evil:

I only can say that when my wife cooks! :oops: :oops: :oops: ;) ;) ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
dollarbill said:
dollarbill said:

I only can say that when my wife cooks! :oops: :oops: :oops: ;) ;) ;)

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaahahaaaahhaaahaha!

Back
Top Bottom