Game Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Bill the Grill Guy, Gary in Va, Brian J., Mr. Bill, Kenny (from Dizzy Pigs) and Jack a friend of mine are coming over for the Redskins/Dallas game. Being such a devoted friend, I woke up at 2am to get the brisket going. Got it on the cooker by 3am, hope to have it in the cooler NLT 11am. Here's the menu including the grub the fellers are bringing.

Brisket (7lb flat/Wolfe Rub Bold)
Loin Backs (3 racks/Wolfe Rub Original/Wolfe Sauce/Glaze)
Chicken Wings (6lbs/Wolfe Rub Original/Reverend Marvins/Honey)
Fatties (1 original Jimmy Dean/Wolfe Rub Original - 1 Country Bold/Wolfe Rub Bold)
Potato Salad
Cole Slaw (Marzetti's Dressing)
Bill's Beans (Bill TGG)
Crab Stuffed Shrooms (Gary) <----best crab stuffed mushrooms you'll ever eat
Shrimp (Jack)
Deviled Eggs (Brian J) I think he said the recipe was from Smoke and Spice

And of course BEER!!

Here's the brisket at 3am.

Looks like some good eats will be at Larrys today. I'll be rooting for the Skins, only two teams I root for are the Jets and whoever is playing Dallas!

Well it's 7am now, the briskets been on for about 4 hours. Temps shot up fast, but once they hit 160* the plateau set in. Hasn't moved for over an hour. The magic is happening!

BTW, I just finished a full pot of coffee before 7am. I should be bouncing off the walls soon!

Sounds like it's going to be a fun day. I think that your plateau will also be settin' in soon too.

To bad you don't have any really good sauce to serve with those ribs !!! LOL

Al

Larry,

You guys are cooking machines. The menu looks fantastic! Have a great time, Go Skins, and post lots of pics.

Sounds like great grub for a football party but is it a last meal for the Skins. It's going to be a tough game and the skins are having a tough season. Do you think Gibb's will be back next season or will one of the coordinators take over. Thank god my Iggles aren't playing, I've had heartburn for two weeks!!!

Sounds like a good day will be had by all Larry. I'm rooting for the 'skins only because I love to see turmoil in Dallas. They are, in my mind, the Yankees of football, if there is a "big" name player or coach to be had, you can bet the Cowboys will be in on the bidding. Use to like the Cowboys when Tom Landry was the coach.

Go Skins!!

Nick Prochilo said:
Looks like some good eats will be at Larrys today. I'll be rooting for the Skins, only two teams I root for are the Jets and whoever is playing Dallas!

Thats one of my favorite teams too, always has been. Sounds like a blast....hmmmm...wonder if there will be alcohol involved ?????? :roll:

Briskets at 173* and the ribs just went on. Looking like it's gonna be a really nice day! BTW, it's 9:30am, I have both cookers going and I just opened my first beer!

Here's the updated pic's.

I lost track of time and the brisket went up a little higher than I wanted, but it's resting nicely now. Got the ribs foiled and the fatties and the wings going!

Got some butts goin' up here north of you, Larry, WRO on the boneless one, WRB on the other. :)

Edit - 10:30 pm

Done. (Looks like I put 'em on a bigger tin. :shock: )

--John 8)
(Got my 'Skins-rootin' fingers crossed.)
(Edit - I'll try crossing them again next week!)

redskinslogo.jpg

Where are the finished pics....don't forget to post them before u pass out..I mean go to sleep.. :LOL:
Just got off the phone with the boys from VA...They might not be happy with the way the Skins are playing but they were real happy about the food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom