Frozen Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BayouBBQ

Cook
I plan to cook some pulled pork and freeze it for an event in a couple weeks. I plan to freeze it in gallon size ziplock freezer bags. After I thaw the pork for the event, can I put the bags of pork in boiling water to reheat it without melting the bag and making the pork inedible?
Thanks

BayouBBQ said:
I plan to cook some pulled pork and freeze it for an event in a couple weeks. I plan to freeze it in gallon size ziplock freezer bags. After I thaw the pork for the event, can I put the bags of pork in boiling water to reheat it without melting the bag and making the pork inedible?
Thanks

NO! They will melt! I learned this with a bag of frozen chili one time...........needless to say we ate something else that day!

Captain Morgan said:
Larry's right...however, if you use food saver bags, you can
use those in boiling water.

Russ that is what I'm doing today for a luncheon next Thursday. Vacuum sealers pay for themselves in no time!

The only thing I would add is...keep the water at a bare boil...a big rolling boil and you can split the bag :oops:

Sucking the air out with a straw is what I do and man what a pain. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and when I'm sucking the air out of 6+ bags I get light headed. I need to get a food saver. :LOL:

Russ that thing can pay for itself in 2 or 3 trips to costco
or Sam's club....you can buy a whole ribeye or fillet for
just over half price...tell em how you want it cut, and
then take the slices home and vacc em....then you can
pull out a nice steak whenever you want for 5.69 a lb
or so....those kind of savings add up quick.

Back
Top Bottom