Frost on the Pumpkin Butt Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
So it was a little chilly on some mornings this past week. Chilly enough to get me in the mood to cook some butts seeing how my stash in the freezer was down to 1/2 lb.

Here is how I light the fire. I have become very lazy about lighting the fire. Sometimes I just get the center of the pile of lump glowing red and call it quits.

img_244510_0_6346456382cd39db85007815deb613d5.jpg

10 hours later.

img_244510_1_204d5cd8d469c060f360ac5e87de194d.jpg

img_244510_2_cb7d05cc91e31a7be91c6eba4874f5db.jpg

12 hours later. Not a bad pic for a last minute I Phone 3 hip shot.

img_244510_3_fa55afadfaf3e0469ddfe57c95c05a52.jpg

Great looking pork butts!!! I use a weed burner to start my coals and start my outdoor chiminea. Work smarter not harder.

I think your right Jim. I cooked thru the day instead of overnight just so I could smell up the neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliff H. said:
I think your right Jim. I cooked thru the day instead of overnight just so I could smell up the neighborhood.
You are mean.

I like that. :LOL: Food looks good and you tormented the neighborhood. What an excellent day!

BOB

Nice lookin' butts Cliff. I use a chiminy and a turkey burner to light my coals. Sooooo much better than 2 pieces of news paper.

I actually like the smell of burning newspaper; kinda reminds me of when my dad would get the fireplace going on a cold winter morning. Pork looks great!

I like the smell of charcoal lighter fluid. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my Dad would grill something, which was not very often.

Nick Prochilo said:
Vermin999 said:
I like the smell of charcoal lighter fluid. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my Dad would grill something, which was not very often.

I think a few of us can remember that smell!

Remember squeezing the shit outta the can (no bottles back then) "to really get the fire going"? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom