For those who thought ......................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
......... I was just a pretty face around here! I didn't quit cooking, I just needed a new camera! Got 1 for fathers day, just in time to take pictures for my big cook! My Fire Departments annual fund raiser starts July 5. We have a fair that we run for a week from 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM, after working from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM. It's like being a zombie for a week! Two years ago we started serving pulled pork along with all the other fine foods :LOL: ! It's a big hit and I'm still doing it. 15 shoulders will get me through the week! 1st of 4 cooks started last night.[attachment=3:17p5y6tm]IMG_0008.JPG[/attachment:17p5y6tm][attachment=2:17p5y6tm]IMG_0007.JPG[/attachment:17p5y6tm][attachment=0:17p5y6tm]IMG_0010.JPG[/attachment:17p5y6tm]

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 604
I thought you were just a long time lurker! :LOL: But, it's ture, you do cook. Looks like a lot of fun and the folks that come to the fair enjoy some great food. My charcoal chimney is looking pretty similar. Glad you got a new camera!

Is that an IED or a smoker?? Take that Forced Air BS off that WSM and let it cook the way it cooks! You probably have a Golf Green in your back yard too? What a Yankee! Full of hot air and cooks with forced air, unbelievable! Might as well cook it in your oven and use Liquid Smoke! You're worse than Puff! :mrgreen:

I do think the last picture I saw form you was of you and your young girlfriend in the hot tub :D Nice to see some food pictures and they all look good Nick, what kind of camera did you end up with?

bbquzz said:
I do think the last picture I saw form you was of you and your young girlfriend in the hot tub :D Nice to see some food pictures and they all look good Nick, what kind of camera did you end up with?

Canon A3100IS

Here's a few finished pictures[attachment=2:7slhxkaj]IMG_0018.JPG[/attachment:7slhxkaj][attachment=1:7slhxkaj]IMG_0019.JPG[/attachment:7slhxkaj][attachment=0:7slhxkaj]IMG_0020.JPG[/attachment:7slhxkaj]

Four more are on the smoker. I'll pull and vacumn them tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    349.5 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 535
Looks great man. I just wanna put this out there, ziploc sells a awsome Vacuum Freezer System for less then $8.00 with bags. I love it

Nick Prochilo said:
Hey, I slept real good last night! Liquid smoke, now theres an idea! :shock:

I sleep well when doing over nighters WITHOUT A GURU! You probably grow your tomatoes in a topsy turvy too! Puff uses Liquid smoke, if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me! :LOL:

Tri Tip said:
Hay nick I added a center grate to my WSM. Ive gotten 9 butts at a time on em.

I need some new grates and I think I'm gonna do that. I also need some handles on that bottom grate, that thing is a pain in the a$$ to get a sticky butt off of!

JIMMYJAM said:
Looks great man. I just wanna put this out there, ziploc sells a awsome Vacuum Freezer System for less then $8.00 with bags. I love it
I don't believe you can boil the bags to reheat the food in those. The cook I'm doing will require 12 - 15 bags of pulled pork. 2 - 3 bags a night need to be heated and I throw them into the corn boiler about 10 minutes before I need to start serving.

I thought you would've washed that Wussum off seeing you have a new camera and all. :mrgreen:
Pork looked outstanding Nickie! ;)

Still at it! This is third batch and hopefully the last batch. Worst case senario is I have to set up for a quick cook Friday night to finish our last night on Saturday.
Last Four I hope
[attachment=0:1xax6dz9]IMG_0036.JPG[/attachment:1xax6dz9]

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 286
Back
Top Bottom