flys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
It's not just you. I've been fighting them all summer. I got some traps, but they are too smart and get out.... :shock:

I have flies every time I fire up the offset or the WSM. Their not in the smoker just hanging around. I placed one of those sticky strips in the basement (unfinished basement) just inside the door that stays open alot while I BBQ and the kids play.

Try a plastic bag full of water with two pennys in it, hung up around the area you want to keep te flys away from.

How strange. I have had flies all summer. Are the flies the little black ones or slightly larger green shiny flies?

A bag o' water with pennies? Sounds like witchcraft! :) How does it work? I was going to grind up some chrysanthemum flour but can not seem to find any.

bknox said:
How strange. I have had flies all summer. Are the flies the little black ones or slightly larger green shiny flies?

A bag o' water with pennies? Sounds like witchcraft! :) How does it work? I was going to grind up some chrysanthemum flour but can not seem to find any.

Don't even know if it works, just saw it on the food network twice in the last couple of days on different shows so there may be something to it, or there may not!

some people say the flies fly up and see their reflection in the bags
and think it's a giant fly with two pennies. And that scares the shit
out of them because they have no money whatsoever, and they fly back to fly land to regroup and plot new strategies.

I like the Big Wheel method . Take a giant cow pattie and put it
200 yards away from your cooksite. All the flies will mysteriously
stay 200 yards away from your cooksite, 300 if you put two pennies
on the cow pattie.

Captain Morgan said:
some people say the flies fly up and see their reflection in the bags
and think it's a giant fly with two pennies. And that scares the shit
out of them because they have no money whatsoever, and they fly back to fly land to regroup and plot new strategies.

I like the Big Wheel method . Take a giant cow pattie and put it
200 yards away from your cooksite. All the flies will mysteriously
stay 200 yards away from your cooksite, 300 if you put two pennies
on the cow pattie.
[smilie=a_rolling.gif] [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif] :damnfunny

If they are the smaller of the flies here is a fool proof method.

Take a long cylindrical vase and fill it with 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar (no other type) then take a plain white piece of 8 x 10 paper and make a funnel out of it (make sure to use tape) . Place the funnel into the vase making sure the bottom does not touch the vinegar.Tape the funnel in two or three places from the outside so that there is no gap between the glass and the cone.

The flies will fly down into the funnel then into the vase and get trapped. They cannot figure out how to get out.

Works really well for us whenever we have fruit flies too.

I noticed that the flies are attracted to carbon monoxide. They were buzzing my chimney with white smoke pouring out of it like it was a food.

Flies are nasty fricken things. Hate them.
I have not seen 1 honey bee this year. Not 1.

DaleP said:
Flies are nasty fricken things. Hate them.
I have not seen 1 honey bee this year. Not 1.

Want some bees, I'll ship you a couple. [smilie=a_ivegotmail.gif]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom