Flat out SMOKIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking mighty fine Bill. Danged Wal Mart here only has enhanced meats, have to go to Sam's. Doesn't the foil interfere with air circulation around the brisket?

John A. said:
Looking mighty fine Bill. Danged Wal Mart here only has enhanced meats, have to go to Sam's. Doesn't the foil interfere with air circulation around the brisket?

Nope, I put the fat cap down. With the reverse flow the smoke travels over the top and gives it a perty smoke ring.

makes sense.....just form a little foil tray with 2 or 3 inches of room from
the sides of the brisket, and smoke will hit the sides too.....great idea.

really good lookin briskeit Bill, did you wrap it at all or jusy lay it on the foil?, I've had problem with the bottom getting stringy and not wanting to cut good when I foil one.

dmtky said:
really good lookin briskeit Bill, did you wrap it at all or jusy lay it on the foil?, I've had problem with the bottom getting stringy and not wanting to cut good when I foil one.

I get a lot of ribbing around here for my brisket method. There is even an interview somewhere that covers brisket and foiling or not. I foil at 170* and bring it up to 190* and let it rest. Hey, all I know is the judges seem to like it.

1zx46qc.jpg

Bill The Grill Guy said:
dmtky said:

I get a lot of ribbing around here for my brisket method. There is even an interview somewhere that covers brisket and foiling or not. I foil at 170* and bring it up to 190* and let it rest. Hey, all I know is the judges seem to like it.

1zx46qc.jpg

Oh lord... :roll: not this again... that was like 5 years ago

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom