Fish and ribs in the rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Started out today with a couple of Mahi Mahi filets. Brined in salt water for about an hour and a lil salt and pepper before they go onto the smoker. Going to let them ride at about 200* My neighbor saw/smelled the smoke and brought over 3 racks and asked me to cook them. I used a mild garlic based rub on 2 of them and a spicey one on 1.

I think the whole east coast is getting the rain. Dont get me wrong, we need it bad.

Good looking start there GH. Keep us posted.

Yall get the good mahi mahi too.. That's one of the best grillin fish. Your food looks great man!!!! Good Job fellow cooker!!! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Fish is done. I rushed it with too high a heat and dried it out too much. Still good. The neighbor sent his kid over with a box of Omaha steaks. Cryovac filets and said "Dad wants you to smoke them" I looked at the kid like... :shock: . I have cranked up the heat a lil closer to 300* once I took the fish off and put some Montreal seasoning and we will see how it goes.

Took the beef off at 165*. I must say it taetes quite good. Still moist. Granted it appeared to be a really good cut of meat to begin with. But the kiddies gave it a realy big thumbs up!

Silly question, but wouldn't the ribs taste fishy being in the smoker with the fish?

John A. said:
You have that neighbor well trained GH. He sends food, you cook it, and you eat it. Nice job.
He is good like that. When he finds out I am smoking he has an open invite. He lets me keep as much as I want. pretty good deal for the both of us.

erik13 said:
Silly question, but wouldn't the ribs taste fishy being in the smoker with the fish?
To tell you the truth I did not try any of the ribs I wrapped them up and sent them down the street. I didn't hear anything back and saw no ambulances racing to their home. :D
The Mahi Mahi is not an overpowering flavored fish nor is it very oily, and I only had 3 smallish pieces so I don't think there would have been much of a transfer. If I had lots more fish I probably would have made 2 seperate cooks out of it for sure.

Thats gonna be fine GH.

Where's the safety man :?: Calling Mr Bill, Earth To Bill come in ( not Bill the grill guy) our new member :D

Speaking of new members. I just got called out by a zero poster "Feste". He said I forgot to give him credit for catching and giving me the Dolphin to cook. He did....there you go...now post something!

Back
Top Bottom