Fish and Chicken Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I've had 50lbs of fish an chicken ribs brining for about a week now and I'm finally getting ready to smoke them. Gonna do them low and slow and now I'm out of smoke wood? I have a couple pine cones, will they be okay if I soak them in vinegar?

The pine cones should be fine as long as a squirrel weighing no less than 3.15 lbs sits on them for a minimum of 4 hours.

Larry Wolfe said:
I've had 50lbs of fish an chicken ribs brining for about a week now and I'm finally getting ready to smoke them. Gonna do them low and slow and now I'm out of smoke wood? I have a couple pine cones, will they be okay if I soak them in vinegar?

....if you're going with the pine cones for smoke, keep in the theme of "woodsy flavor" by rubbing meat down with sap from tree, then grind up some pine needles and use as rub for meat....should be perfect !
DON'T forget the pictures ! ;)

Chicken ribs? :roll: ;)

I'd stay clear of pine(just my opinion). Don't you have any type of hard wood there? Nut shells of any kind?

If it was just a pound or so, maybe try w/the pine cone. Hate to try something new with that much to risk.

friesian_rain said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2f9yfp0y]I've had 50lbs of fish an chicken ribs brining for about a week now and I'm finally getting ready to smoke them. Gonna do them low and slow and now I'm out of smoke wood? I have a couple pine cones, will they be okay if I soak them in vinegar?

....if you're going with the pine cones for smoke, keep in the theme of "woodsy flavor" by rubbing meat down with sap from tree, then grind up some pine needles and use as rub for meat....should be perfect !
DON'T forget the pictures ! ;)[/quote:2f9yfp0y]

See, there's a man that knows his meat!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="friesian_rain":ajasta8i][quote="Larry Wolfe":ajasta8i]I've had 50lbs of fish an chicken ribs brining for about a week now and I'm finally getting ready to smoke them. Gonna do them low and slow and now I'm out of smoke wood? I have a couple pine cones, will they be okay if I soak them in vinegar?

DON'T forget the pictures ! ;)[/quote:ajasta8i]

See, there's a man that knows his meat![/quote:ajasta8i]

Hmmmmmm I'm a bit wary of going in this direction but...... a man who's knows his meat !? How about a gal... A gal who knows .....
:yawinkle:

Well.......I do apologize. Griff had to do it and there is a tradition on this forum. ("All Alaskan Women must prove they're women"). This is rule #989, page 66 of the rule book.

Larry Wolfe said:
Well.......I do apologize. Griff had to do it and there is a tradition on this forum. ("All Alaskan Women must prove they're women"). This is rule #989, page 66 of the rule book.

I always try to follow the rules, no apologies necessary. I'm used to hanging out with the men; 12 years on the deck of fishing boat. I'm only on page 44 of the rule book, I'm a slacker at times.
So, you got your meat in the smoker yet? :)

I'm going out on a limb here and I'm saying.......................TOGTFO! It's the only way to identify a woman of your seal meat eating stature.......If you show them, I'll show Scotty's!

Larry Wolfe said:
I'm going out on a limb here and I'm saying.......................TOGTFO! It's the only way to identify a woman of your seal meat eating stature.......If you show them, I'll show Scotty's!

Darn it, I can't scan any pics right now, scanners broken ! And I'm suspecting you have a very "short limb" there and probably will be falling off it "quickly", so maybe we all just better look at Scotty's for now.
I'll get you some pics later; right now I gotta run and grab my bosch tools and make a temporary wind break for my smoker. You know how handy us girls are with our power tools ;)

Larry..don't underestimate the pine cones. When I ran out of the scraps from my pressure treated deck for smoking , I tried pine cones. as long as you boil the ribs first, its all just flavor.

friesian_rain said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":27ez04cp]I'm going out on a limb here and I'm saying.......................TOGTFO! It's the only way to identify a woman of your seal meat eating stature.......If you show them, I'll show Scotty's!

Darn it, I can't scan any pics right now, scanners broken ! And I'm suspecting you have a very "short limb" there and probably will be falling off it "quickly", so maybe we all just better look at Scotty's for now.
I'll get you some pics later; right now I gotta run and grab my bosch tools and make a temporary wind break for my smoker. You know how handy us girls are with our power tools ;)[/quote:27ez04cp]

It is nice to see a lady defend herself, fire back with good comebacks and use power tools Are you married?? I'm within days of a final divorce!

Here are mine...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
img_235406_0_546bef05497cd2a6ac2d82c1b4685e1a.jpg

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="friesian_rain":2h392tj6][quote="Larry Wolfe":2h392tj6]I'm going out on a limb here and I'm saying.......................TOGTFO! It's the only way to identify a woman of your seal meat eating stature.......If you show them, I'll show Scotty's!

I'll get you some pics later; right now I gotta run and grab my bosch tools and make a temporary wind break for my smoker. You know how handy us girls are with our power tools ;)[/quote:2h392tj6]

It is nice to see a lady defend herself, fire back with good comebacks and use power tools Are you married?? I'm within days of a final divorce!

Here are mine...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
img_235413_0_546bef05497cd2a6ac2d82c1b4685e1a.jpg
[/quote:2h392tj6]

Oh come on now, who doesn't own a set or 2 of Bosch cordless tools ?! Sorry to hear about the divorce..... been there.... swore I'd never get married again, now I'm on husband #2.
You realize I can never show you a picture of me now, you're waaaay cuter than me ;)

hawk wild bbq co said:
dont all women use power tools of one kind or another? And chances are good that you are cuter than Larry (sorry larry)

I can't talk for all women, but I'm just one of those gals that can't wait around for her guy to fix things..... ;)

LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom