First Smoke & A Hurricane Offshore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Airboss

Senior Cook
8 lb pork butt went on the CharBroil H2O electric this AM at 6:15. So far I've only called Greg once but the day is young. It is now 10:00AM and we're holding steady at 220 degrees in the smoker and 117 degrees in the meat according my Weber digital. Using apple wood chunks from CookShack. This is the most fun I've had since the day I bought our boat!

:beach:

you've got the bug...just wait till you taste the food!!!

Now that thing isn't a hurricane yet right? Just a little while ago it was still a tropical storm. Hope it goes to Mexico.

AB, it will be great! Do you store your smoker in the attic when not using it also? (Sorry Greg, had too!) Enjoy the food and let us know how it comes out!

Nick Prochilo said:
AB, it will be great! Do you store your smoker in the attic when not using it also? (Sorry Greg, had too!) Enjoy the food and let us know how it comes out!

I guess I'll have to. I've lived in this house for almost nine years and I still can't find the cellar door!

Things are going well here. I've gotten calls and emails from lots of folks. It's like having a baby!

Going on six hours and 145 degrees in the meat.

Finally sat down to enjoy the first butt at 10:15 PM. We were all starved so I'm sure that helped and the taste was B plus. Texture? Gotta talk with son Greg on that. Moist? Yes. Maybe too moist. Dunno. Maybe sand v/v the H2O. Overall: 1st time-Success!

If Mrs. Airboss made the same sound as she did at my house than it was very well done...if not, there might be room for improvement. Don't forget, you didn't eat until 10:30pm...perhaps the mind was playing tricks on you! :!:

Pictures ! Pictures ! Pictures ! Pictures !

Food FIGHT !
animalhouse.jpg

I tried the pork again just now per your recommendation and you're right. It does taste better. So do the beans, which I loaded with the leftover p.p. last night.

And Greg is correct. Eating at 10:30 after half a dozen scotch and sodas may have dulled the senses.

What have I learned? Time is your friend. Plan to use plenty of it.

Next, beef briskett! Then turkey. I'm quiting my job so I can dedicate my life to smoked meat.

And ice! Bad, bad ice. I'm gonna have some more while watching the race today. But this time no soda and none of that damn ice.

:beach:

I use a little pulled pork to garnish my drinking glass...I find that pressing the pork around the glass gives scotch or bourbon that sought after pork twist like a lemon twist does... :!:

Back
Top Bottom