First Ribs Since New Holland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
I have a few racks of spareribs on the gator right now. I was going to use the WSM but when it like there was stuff growing in there I figured it would be better to use the gator. I guess that is what I get for leaving it uncleaned/uncovered for four monthes. I am using the WSM ring as a charcoal ring so I can get a longer burn time. I got my usual mix of apple and oak going.
There is a fresh pot of sauce simmering on the stove. I am trying somthing new with it so we'll see how it turns out.

Here are a few pics
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... rltsk&Ux=0

It feel good be be bbqing again,
Chris

a.gif
w.gif
e.gif
s.gif
o.gif
m.gif
e.gif

Nick Prochilo said:
Looking good Chris, keep the pictures coming! What are you doing differently this time around?

Nick I added a little beer to the sauce. It turned out pretty good. I gave the sauce a distant taste. I diffently will do it again.

Here is the finished product.

I was happy how they turned out. I finished them off on the grill to get some color back after the short foil at the end. It turn out I still rember how to bbq :LOL:

Chris

Puff said:
Chris those bones looked great!
They looked untrimmed.....am I right?

Thanks,
I did clean up the ribs a little though. Not as much as normal. I took some off the sides, the flap on the back and the membrane. The trimmings are in the freezer. I might put them in gumbo this winter. The last time I did that it was good.

Chris

John A. said:
Good looking ribs, can you drink the sauce? ;)

Funny you say that, thats the first thing I do when tryin a new marinade or sauce. I take a shot :roll:

Rag said:
Good looking ribs. Where you been?

School and other activites have been keeping me busy. I would try to get on and read the forum every few days but I have not had time to post. Hopefuly there will be less work so I am able to do a few more stuff I want but Ill have to wait and see.

Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom