First Post/ chicken thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fromthesauce

Assistant Cook
Cooked some boned chicken thighs yesterday using Don Marcos pigwig seasoning - it was great.

Best part o the chicken..coming in right behind the gizzard..liver..heart..the oysters on the backbone and the wings..parsons nose etc. Now kindly correct my ignorance but what is a boned thigh? Do that man it has been deboned or is still equipped with the bone? Looks like them have bones from the way they are laying. Fine job.

bigwheel said:
Best part o the chicken..coming in right behind the gizzard..liver..heart..the oysters on the backbone and the wings..parsons nose etc. Now kindly correct my ignorance but what is a boned thigh? Do that man it has been deboned or is still equipped with the bone? Looks like them have bones from the way they are laying. Fine job.

I believe that boned thigh refers to a thigh that has been de-boned, and then at some point has had a bone re-inserted. Not sure though, never been a boner expert.

They look good. In fact, I bet I could have made several of them dissappear whether they had bones or not.

BOB
boned, deboned, bone-in, bone out seems to me they're marketing terms so that they can charge more for 'em kinda like "boneless country ribs"...who ever heard of a boneless rib, or a rib made from a butt?

Thanks for the posts, the bones were taken out (my preferred style) all cooked on a Pro q excel. Some MOINKS I did at the same time.

What is a Moink? Where are the family jewels located? Hope it aint one of them old under the arm pit type deals.

bigwheel said:
What is a Moink? Where are the family jewels located? Hope it aint one of them old under the arm pit type deals.
Think
MOo + oINK

Then think Meatballs wrapped in BACON

Hope this helps

BOB
no jewels were harmed in the production f this post

Back
Top Bottom