First cook WSM 22 + Pork Butt using Kosmo's Q Pork Injection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyW

Assistant Cook
First cook with the new WSM 22. 7.5 lb. Pork Butt injected with Kosmo's Q Pork Injection. Almost at 165 deg. and ready to be foiled. Also cooking 3 slabs of St. Louis Spares. Pics and review of the Kosmo's injection later this evening.

First impression of the WSM is extremely positive. I'm still getting used to adjusting the vents and smoking with charcoal/wood vs. propane, but it's been holding steady temps between 240 and 260 for close to 5 hours now. We'll see how long this full ring of Kingsford blue using MM will go.
;)

Sounds like you're pork butt is on it's way. Did you mix the pork injection with juice? I used Guava juice for the mix on the last butts I cooked. It gave the pork a nice flavor. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Smokey Lew said:
Sounds like you're pork butt is on it's way. Did you mix the pork injection with juice? I used Guava juice for the mix on the last butts I cooked. It gave the pork a nice flavor. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Lew the guava juice injection is a great idea, Thanks!

Andy, can't wait to see the finished pics.

The ribs were great... I won't be eating dinner later.....

I had help from a pitmaster in training as shown below....

5442935246_0f26e44973_z.jpg

5442935324_4967f09a77_z.jpg

5442935444_8baa6f402c_z.jpg

5442935054_0316e14d8a_z.jpg

5442934912_14b58fc735_z.jpg

5442330105_c945c3cbd1_z.jpg

5442330241_1d064b210e_z.jpg

The butt's still in the cooker... I'll post pics in a few...

Smokey Lew said:

We mixed the pork injection with 100% apple juice. The flavor was excellent (had to taste test!).

Smokey Lew said:
Great looking ribs. Love all that white stuff laying around. What is it?

The white stuff we used during prep is simply a white plastic kitchen trash bag (unused of course). We lay it flat and wipe it down before prep, and it makes cleanup much easier.

Butt pics....
5442908025_32be705297_z.jpg

The best bone is a clean bone!
5442908103_12eb1effee_z.jpg

Pulled, sauced and ready for the co-workers tomorrow.
5442908195_b335f468b5_z.jpg

Clean up is done... Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

AndyW said:
Smokey Lew said:
Great looking ribs. Love all that white stuff laying around. What is it?

The white stuff we used during prep is simply a white plastic kitchen trash bag (unused of course). We lay it flat and wipe it down before prep, and it makes cleanup much easier.

Hummm Andy, I think Lew was referring to the snow!

Nick Prochilo said:
AndyW said:
[quote="Smokey Lew":7qcpz96y]Great looking ribs. Love all that white stuff laying around. What is it?

Hummm Andy, I think Lew was referring to the snow![/quote:7qcpz96y]
Yea, it was the rather expected So Cal. wise crack. 8)

Smokey Lew said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":eek:7s7y5lb]
AndyW said:
[quote="Smokey Lew":eek:7s7y5lb]Great looking ribs. Love all that white stuff laying around. What is it?

Hummm Andy, I think Lew was referring to the snow![/quote:eek:7s7y5lb]
Yea, it was the rather expected So Cal. wise crack. 8)[/quote:eek:7s7y5lb]

Doh! I'm so used to the snow by now, that the question went right over my head... I'm too easy sometimes. :oops:

Looks Great Andy! Thanks for Sharen. For Comps we wash the butt wrap the whole thing up tight in Suran Wrap. Then we inject with Cosmo's. We mix it with a mixture of 2 parts apple juice and one part peach nectar. let the injection sit in it for about 4 hours. The suran wrap holds it in too.

Tri Tip said:
Looks Great Andy! Thanks for Sharen. For Comps we wash the butt wrap the whole thing up tight in Suran Wrap. Then we inject with Cosmo's. We mix it with a mixture of 2 parts apple juice and one part peach nectar. let the injection sit in it for about 4 hours. The suran wrap holds it in too.

Good tip!

Back
Top Bottom