First cook on the Traeger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
It is a lovely sunny day here in Ontario. It is a long weekend here and it is a perfect day to cook.

Put a rack of ribs on the Traeger with some sausages.

I never thought I'd say this but I wish I lived in Canada................but only on days you cook! :D

yes the thingy was interesting.

Had a few problems with the thingy today. It was a manufacturing defect. However I have to say their customer service (at least here in Barrie) was great. Came out right away replaced it and it works like a charm.

Forgot to take pics of the finished products. In between getting it replaced etc.

It was good worked fine. I still like my WSM better. Probably because with a Traeger I am bored. IT was sooooo easy. My oven has more buttons. I felt like I was cheating. I kept looking for something to do.

However I would use a traeger in a comp for sure. I may still add it to my collection.

I am a charcoal lover I guess.

Diva Q said:
yes the thingy was interesting.

Had a few problems with the thingy today. It was a manufacturing defect. However I have to say their customer service (at least here in Barrie) was great. Came out right away replaced it and it works like a charm.

Forgot to take pics of the finished products. In between getting it replaced etc.

It was good worked fine. I still like my WSM better. Probably because with a Traeger I am bored. IT was sooooo easy. My oven has more buttons. I felt like I was cheating. I kept looking for something to do.

However I would use a traeger in a comp for sure. I may still add it to my collection.

I am a charcoal lover I guess.

that leaves more time for beer drinkin and hootin and hollerin!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Smokey_Joe said:
ooops, I obviously missed it..thanks for the link SC

Cool lookin cooker Diva....I gotta agree with SC tho...more BEER TIME! [smilie=rlp_smilie_242.gif]

Talk about a set it and forget. Those pellet cookers have a dial and auto feed unit. Heck, so easy a caveman can do it. :shock: hack I know

going to do more ribs and some chicken probably tomorrow or tonight.

Also going to try a few new recipes of appetizers for the comps. Can't post them.

Diva Q said:
going to do more ribs and some chicken probably tomorrow or tonight.

Also going to try a few new recipes of appetizers for the comps. Can't post them.

That's what I bought a Traeger for, ribs & chicken. I use a Smokin Tex for brisket & butts.

Back
Top Bottom