First cook on new Performer (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigGQ

Sous Chef
Snagged one of the Lowe's Weber Performer deals and grilled some chicken to break it in. Wanted to establish a control group for my first cook…simple thighs and legs with only salt and pepper to season. Added a hickory chunk to the coals and cooked indirect for about 45 minutes. Served with Reverend Marvin's. Please with the taste and texture of the finished product. I think I'm really going to enjoy my new grill.

[attachment=2:3er1a6uj]IMG_0022 (Large).JPG[/attachment:3er1a6uj]
[attachment=1:3er1a6uj]IMG_0029 (Large).JPG[/attachment:3er1a6uj]
[attachment=0:3er1a6uj]IMG_0030 (Large).JPG[/attachment:3er1a6uj]

Attachments

• IMG_0022 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0022 (Large).JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0029 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0029 (Large).JPG
    170 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_0030 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0030 (Large).JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 473
Lookin good BigGQ! So is the truck! I've got an older Ford Ranger but my daughter just picked up an '07 Tacoma. Anyway, I know you're going to like that Performer. I've had mine about 4 weeks now and it's really great. Now you need to get the Cast Iron grates for it and you'll be all set!

Thanks. If I like this grill as much as I like my truck, it will be a great relationship!

That is a great lookin' plate of "Chikin" and the Performer looks good too, nice get! You gotta love Reverend Marvin's and the Guinness really rounds the meal off :D

Great looking chicken. The color is real nice. I like the truck too! I have an '06 Tundra Limited Double Cab and love it! Plus, it was built right in the the good U.S. of A.! Indiana! :shock: :D

It's also what I sleep in at BBQ Comps. Here is a pic from Marshalltown, IA 2008. Helped me get that much needed 3ish hours of sleep so I could muster up enough energy to get 26th out of 62 in pork. :roll: ;) :)
img_212318_0_5ee3845370cc06af316ea8cdc33313a1.jpg

And the money I pay for dealership commission, sales tax, property tax, insurance, gasoline, oil changes, tires, air filters, windshield wipers and so on stays here with a lot of local people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom