First Brisket in WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
My neighbor came over after Thanksgiving with a Brisket in a cyrovac. She had pulled it for a food demo at work and didn't use it soooo.... yer ol pal GH gets to try it out! Nothing fancy here just a little rub and in she goes. I am using some of the Hickory chunks I have left over. It just fit. :D I think it is about 10lbs once I trimmed off some of the fat.
img_172747_0_38b7e4591dd87f6e25c83eaa423d2385.jpg

img_172747_1_38606ee648a93c60ca27cd33af1c2e9d.jpg

One of these days I will learn how to fix the date on these cameras. I had to hunt it down this morning, only to find both the card and batteries were gone. I found the card without too much problem, but the new batteries were in the bedroom. It was like waking a bear. Went back out to take a pic, only to find out the card was full from everyone elses pics on my card. Lots of good cuss words at 3am. :oops: :?

Do look like a mighty fine job there. Now I did hear somebody say something about the brisket fitting on there. I will give a good hint. They will all fit on there. I do big briskets on my Brinkmann R2D2 fairly frequent. I just sorta bunch em together from end to end like an inch worm good enough to put the lid on. They all shrink to fit after a few hours. I always cook severely trimmed packers on the top rack with the fat up. Now for big old fat turkeys I do cook on the bottom rack and just set the top rack aside. Breastes down of course. I must be continually improving cuz each time I deliver one up the Warden say.."That the best I ever had."

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom