Finished Temp for Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Want to do a meatloaf in the WSM this weekend, mayber tomorrow, what is the finished temp I would take it to? I'm guessing about 155.....too high?

I think the recommended temp for meatloaf would be the same as for well done beef which is 160°. It may still look pinkish do to the nitrites etc.

Al

I take my 5 lb meatloafs to 175F at least. I tried removing at 160F a couple of times but the juice was still bloody, not clear.

160F just isn't cooked enough for me. Maybe I'm doing something different or my maverick thermometer is off. Dunno.

I'm with Shawn on this one. I first tried taking them off at 160* (I think that is what the virtualbullet board suggested) and found that the slices would crumble and fall apart. I no longer experienced this problem when I started going to 170*.

Griff

I have had trouble a few times with the loaves falling apart but I add an extra egg for binding and no problems anymore. Big chunks of bread didnt help either. I now use bread crumbs instead and that seems to help also. I cook them somewhere between 160-170 and it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom