Finally...time to cook !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
so no one has any suggestions to what to add to the q to kick it up a notch? I like this idea a lot. Wish I'd invented it.
How about dusting the egg rolls with some blackened seasoning (giving it a creole touch) before they are fried? Or adding a dollop of beans to the inside?

Finney said:
Also been thinking of doing them with slaw in em. But you would need to eat them right away. Me thinks. that was for Nick
I was thinking about a soft taco shell, pulled pork some sauce, slaw, and then rolled and then pinned with toothpicks and cut into pinwheels. As an appetizer. What do you think?

wittdog said:
Finney said:
Also been thinking of doing them with slaw in em. But you would need to eat them right away. Me thinks. that was for Nick
I was thinking about a soft taco shell, pulled pork some sauce, slaw, and then rolled and then pinned with toothpicks and cut into pinwheels. As an appetizer. What do you think?
Sounds good to me. :!:
Can you send a couple of those down south? 8-[

Finney said:
wittdog said:
Finney said:
Sounds good to me. :!:
Can you send a couple of those down south? 8-[
I could try but what about the ban on Northern Q? :grin:

wittdog said:
Finney said:

Might not hold together. I don't know about slaw in there. Wonder
how it would go through the frying. I don't think cheese is
such a great compliment to pork, cream cheese in abts not withstanding.
This reminds me of a little chili relleno, so maybe stuffing an abt
in there might be pretty dang good.

wittdog said:
Captain Morgan said:
so no one has any suggestions to what to add to the q to kick it up a notch? I like this idea a lot. Wish I'd invented it.
How about dusting the egg rolls with some blackened seasoning (giving it a creole touch) before they are fried? Or adding a dollop of beans to the inside?
Hey wittdog... I made some that had BBQ, collards and blackeyed peas in them. Had some garlic/chili paste in there. Mighty tasty. Trying to get that classic southern meal in an eggroll.

Captain Morgan said:
wittdog said:
Finney said:

how it would go through the frying
. I don't think cheese is
I don't think he meant he was going to fry them. More like the ham rollups.

Captain Morgan said:
wittdog said:
Finney said:

how it would go through the frying. I don't think cheese is
I wouldn't fry the taco shells just stuff and slice and serve, as far as holding together might put them in cupcake liners?

I kind of like the idea of stuffing an ABT inside the Egg roll....

Maybe cut some slices to make em fit. There it is, another invention.
Minion eat your heart out. Hey, there's another invention! Smoked
Minion heart!

I like the basic pork, sauce and wrap..adding stuff to it would be good, but I like Cappy's original concept of just the 3 basics...

Back
Top Bottom