Finally got a WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowRent

Senior Cook
I finally broke down and bought a WSM. Got it for $199 from a local dealer. Only used it once so far. The ribs turned out well. But, there is room for improvement.

I'm probably going to have to wait for Christmas to get a Stoker, which is my next planned purchase.

Hearty congrats on the acquisition and sounds like a great price. Aint never been fortunant enough to one own but sure have heard some folks I have learnt to be highly knowledgeable to recommend them highly. Remember the pecking order when you get around to stacking stuff. Pigs goes on top and filthy barnyard avians..possums..skunks..coons..dead fish and billygoats goes on the bottom. Beef come secondary to pork.

bigwheel

LowRent said:
I finally broke down and bought a WSM. Got it for $199 from a local dealer. Only used it once so far. The ribs turned out well. But, there is room for improvement.

I'm probably going to have to wait for Christmas to get a Stoker, which is my next planned purchase.

The WSM is my next investment into the BBQ world!
Like Nick said.................pic's????????

LowRent

You're gonna really like the WSM.

Puff, a WSM better be on your Christmas list. Dude, you've been kinda slow on this one.

Griff

Griff said:
LowRent

You're gonna really like the WSM.

Puff, a WSM better be on your Christmas list. Dude, you've been kinda slow on this one.

Griff
It's been on the list :roll:
The time has come ;)

My next purchase will be a Stoker. Can't wait.

I got 3 40lb bags of Nature Glow lump for $15/bag last week. I've still got a little B&B to use up in the mean time. I should be into the Nature Glow soon.

LowRent said:

I got 3 40lb bags of Nature Glow lump for $15/bag last week. I've still got a little B&B to use up in the mean time. I should be into the Nature Glow soon.

The last bag of Nature-Glo (20 lbs) I bought was marked "Made in Paraguay". Were yours?

Larry D. said:
LowRent said:

The last bag of Nature-Glo (20 lbs) I bought was marked "Made in Paraguay". Were yours?

I'll have to check when I get home this weekend.

When I checked Naked Whiz info there stated Nature Glow was a product of Royal Oak in Georgia.

LowRent said:
When I checked Naked Whiz info there stated Nature Glow was a product of Royal Oak in Georgia.

Yes, the bag I got says either "manufactured for" or "distibuted by" Royal Oak. I think what I've used in the past was actually manufactured in the US by Royal Oak in Georgia. Apparently they are now importing at least some of what they sell.

Larry D. said:
Yes, the bag I got says either "manufactured for" or "distibuted by" Royal Oak. I think what I've used in the past was actually manufactured in the US by Royal Oak in Georgia. Apparently they are now importing at least some of what they sell.

Yes. Mine also says made in Paraguay.

brian j said:
that stuff from paraguay is some good stuff. i've been getting it in 20 lb bags for a while now.

I've got no complaints. I plan to buy more.

Back
Top Bottom