Finally a Real cook this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
I am finally doing a REAL cook this weekend. Been a long time. I got about 140 lbs of pork going on the smoker and a case of flats. Preparing for a church dinner comming up in a couple of weeks.

I should be doing more pork at this price. My "meat supplier" is getting me IBP butts at .84/lb. Aparently they were overstocked and had to freeze em before they expired. I just have to thaw them suckers and smoke em.

Will be a big day Saturday! Hopefully I will remember to take pics and post on Monday.

Gary

You know Gary, since you have the Lang fired up and all,,,,,,, There will be 17 firefighters working in Charlottesville this weekend who would love some Q. (HINT, HINT)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
You know Gary, since you have the Lang fired up and all,,,,,,, There will be 17 firefighters working in Charlottesville this weekend who would love some Q. (HINT, HINT)

are you driving over to get it?? I'll be beat after all that pulling/chopping. That is the part I dread.

Frozen butts

My last cook was with a butt that had been frozen. It turned out great. It started with a temp of 37 degrees, and was very tasty when finished. The local supermarket had a sale on butts at $1.49 a pound and the wife bought two. The first one cooked that weekend and was taken to the neighbors. A good time was had by all. The second one went into the freezer till last weekend and more neighbors came to our house. Lots of good fellowship and a good feed. Life is so good. That is what it is all about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom