Fatcapless Brisket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
Here are some pictures of the brisket without the fatcap. This was my second brisket I've ever smoked. It really tasted good on the thinner side. The thicker side I really didn't care for. There was some fat in the middle of this area. My wife's parents enjoyed it. They have never eaten brisket before so they didn't know what to expect. I told them we'd get pizza if it didn't taste good. I used texasbbqrub and his recipe for this.

http://usera.imagecave.com/cleglue/Brisket/

PS....I have homemade rub, Wolfe rub, Billybones rub 3 kinds. It is going to take away to get to them all. There are only 2 adults and 2 children (2 and 4 years) in our family so when cook BBQ it goes a long way. Also I'm still in that learning stage.

Pics are highly compressed but the sliced pic looks pretty darn good. Nice smoke ring! :(

You say thicker and thinner side...If I said flat and point, would you understand that? What was the reason you didn't like the thicker side?
Too smokey, too tough?

Pic's and brisket look great to me!! The brisket looks oddly cut, but it looks like the chef did a fantastic job cooking it! Nice color and smoke ring! Good job!

cleglue said:
Here are some pictures of the brisket without the fatcap. This was my second brisket I've ever smoked. It really tasted good on the thinner side. The thicker side I really didn't care for. There was some fat in the middle of this area. My wife's parents enjoyed it. They have never eaten brisket before so they didn't know what to expect. I told them we'd get pizza if it didn't taste good. I used texasbbqrub and his recipe for this.

Nice brisket , good smoke ring. I have to admit never seen a brisket cut like that before , ahh well . Good job the pics and the brisket looked great!!

Of course I love my electric knife.

This is the brisket I got from the Muslim slaughter house. This is how it was cut when I thawed it. They will leave the fatcap on next time. People around here don't usually eat brisket.

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Pic's and brisket look great to me!! The brisket looks oddly cut, but it looks like the chef did a fantastic job cooking it! Nice color and smoke ring! Good job!
What you talking about Larry? Looks like it was cut perpendicular the grain direction.

Finney I was referring to how the Butcher cut the brisket (with the small taper) not how Craig cut it!

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1bn15q88]Pic's and brisket look great to me!! The brisket looks oddly cut, but it looks like the chef did a fantastic job cooking it! Nice color and smoke ring! Good job!
What you talking about Larry? Looks like it was cut perpendicular the grain direction.

Finney I was referring to how the Butcher cut the brisket (with the small taper) not how Craig cut it![/quote:1bn15q88]
Looks like they just didn't take off that 'skirt' area. :!: Thought you were talking about the slice job. #-o

I wa thinking he was talking about the fat side being the point. If that was the case a little longer on the smoker would have rendered out more of that fat. I too also thought the pictures were good. :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom