Family reunion this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my wifes reunion next week near Syracuse NY. Im providing two butts, 200 abt's and corn on the cob. Also making breakfast burittos for Sat am....

Susan Z said:
[quote="john pen":1z54ii0x]Got my wifes reunion next week near Syracuse NY. Im providing two butts, 200 abt's and corn on the cob. Also making breakfast burittos for Sat am....

Two hundred ABTs! How long do THOSE take to clean, stuff, etc. Dang!

:eek:[/quote:1z54ii0x]

Did 180 yestarday for a buddys party on Sunday..then doing the 200 this wed. Cut and gutted them all at once. Will stuff and wrap them just prior to smoke. The key is a few willing buddys and a case of LaBatts Blue ! It seems I can get all the help I need when I mention Im firing up the smoker. Not only did my buddy show up to help, he brougt halipinoe/chedder venison dogs. Smoked 'em for about 2 hours as we were prepping the ABT's. As Rach' would say.."yummers".

An ABT warning for those that may not have served any yet. Once people have them, they will become your "Hey, can you bring those pepper things ?" to every party you go to!

FATZ said:
We are having our yearly family reunion in my town this weekend and guess what's on the menu.

9 racks of spare ribs, a packer brisket, much chicken galore and three pork butts.

And beans, and potato salad, and grilled corn on the cob, and, and, and.....

ROCK ON!!!!

I'll have pics later next week.

The last family reunion I had ended in a big fight now we don't talk to anyone. Needless to say there was a lot of food left over, so I ate it.

Fatz..Do you have to move the ribs around as they cook, or is the heat pretty consistant from the top to bottom of your pit ?

FATZ said:
Heck, I TRY to find ways to have to tend this thing. The dang pit just holds temp toooo good to have to tend it much. Takes the fun out of the art.

lol....come down and use mine anytime if you like tending to your pit...lol

Actually, Im gettin it tuned in pretty good lately. Practice makes perfect..Im making a second rack now for mine, so I imagine that will give me a whole new set of problems...or should I say challenges.

John, here's a great tip for finding out where the hot spots on your pit are. Great guy came here and told us about it a few months ago, but Finney ran him off.

Take several cans of cheap biscuits, place around your pre-heated grate, and where ever the first biscuits get done or burnt, there's your hot spots. :D

Just rolled back in from the wifes family reunion..More food than could be imagined...Her cousind had electric smokers..no temp guages or vents..they did pork and beef. Super heavy smoke flavor..almost over bearing...My abt's and butt were well recieved. My mother in law made this cucumber salad thing with ranch type dressing..Ill get thew recipe when she gets back this week..It was sort of sweet..very good. Venison sausage patties this am for breakfast with eggs...lots beer..bed time...

Back
Top Bottom