Ever Barbequed in a Kilt? Yeah it's pretty wierd.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Now that this picture is on the Internet I better just admit the truth.

I wore a damned dress at Walter Reed while cooking some BBQ for the Troop. What the heck is a redneck boy from Carolina and Virginia doing in public with a fricking skirt on? Becuase I have nice legs is why. :LOL:

Nah the story about the Kilt started early this summer when I was cooking for a party at James Creek Marina. The Marina Manager Greg Smith and I were talking the evening before while I was cooking and we were about at FI Pops when he said he had a Kilt and would wear ithe the next day. Then out of my mouth came these word..."Yeah I'd wear one too if I had one." And he said he had an extra and would bring it. DOH!!!

Sure as crap the next day he came wearing one and had another in hand. I owned up and put the thing on and kept it on all day. Yeah, you get some strange looks. My friend Kenny would not even get his picture taken with me. lol
Here is Greg and I that day. Don't we make a cute couple? Couple of what we'll leave out. lol
http://www.mikehedrick.com/bbq/jamescreek2007/jamescreek02.jpg

Here I'm in action cutting ribs and cracking jokes.
http://www.mikehedrick.com/bbq/smacksomebody.wmv

Well, when Greg gets to Walter Reed of course he is wearing the Tartan/Kilt because it's a Special Occasion but in his hand is not a blue one like his he spent money and got me my won and a belt and a crotch purse thingy. lol
http://www.mikehedrick.com/mikeskilt.jpg

He picked the Clan or Family colors strictly for the black and red that go with my BBQ Logo. The Clan is Stewart and he is what I learned.
Black Stewart - One of the world's most popular plaids.

Clan Motto: Virescit vulnere virtus: Courage grows strong at a wound.

Badge: The Thistle

As a family, the Royal Stewarts held the throne of Scotland, and later that of England, in direct line until the death of Queen Anne in 1714. In fact, the present Royal family is often seen sporting a kilt in this historical pattern.

Anyway if you see pictures of me wearing one don't freak out or try and peek. ;)

bknox said:
My brother in Virginia BBQ's in his Kilt. Everything is OK until he decides to sit. :shock:

Thoughts:
Drafty
I had thoughts of bugs getting me.
Made peeing quicker.
People asked me if I had skivees on more than normal
Made me glad I'm a dewd
Only wear one in DC in the day time.

lol

You make some of the points he makes, especially easy to pee. He loves it and has ordered the family Tartan (sp?) from a town near Edinburgh, Scottland. I tease him to be careful around those Mt. men he hangs around, a kilt is a kilt but after several beers it may resemble a skirt! [smilie=a_rolling.gif]

that's awesome Mike.. Kilts rock!! When I was in Dublin, the Champs of rugby were all wearing kilts and these dude were tough man..The scotts used to fight in thoses..Keep wearing them. I'll get one too..!! Jb would be cool in a kilt... :D

I believe the rule is:

If you don't wear underwear it is a kilt.

If you wear underwear it is a skirt.

dledmo said:
I believe the rule is:

If you don't wear underwear it is a kilt.

If you wear underwear it is a skirt.

ok, The next time I let the lil pirate go free under there.
lol

007bond-jb said:
I don't know bout you now mike ;)

Like I remind my wife about the crash that took my leg and why I'm a bit wierd sometimes....I bumped my head. lol

What if I wore a Tong?

Not a THong.

A tong to hold my Shrimp!
lol

Back
Top Bottom