Eating out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oompappy said:
Puff said:
Hey Walter do you have Bubba's BBQ down by you?
I tried it when we were on the Outer Banks last summer.
I figured it was a chain, but it was damn good :!: =P~

The original Bubba passed away about 5 years ago,if I remember
right. I've heard good and bad since. Where were ya, Frisco or
Avon?

Avon, thats to bad about Bubba :-(
It was very good :!:
Goin' back this year 8-[

Puff said:

Actually we dont but we have Sweatman`s, Tommy Rose, and several different familes of Dukes BBQ , and Kings BBQ in Barnwell. And thats just the tip of the iceberg of BBQ places.

WalterSC said:
Puff said:

Actually we dont but we have Sweatman`s, Tommy Rose, and several different familes of Dukes BBQ , and Kings BBQ in Barnwell. And thats just the tip of the iceberg of BBQ places.
Thats what I figured you being from there, I sure wish we had that many places up here :!:

deputynrc said:
During my trip to Texas to pickup my Gator, we stopped at "The Big Texan" in Amarillo, TX. That is the place that lets you try to eat a 72oz steak. If you can eat it in 1hr, its free. Now they had one of those in the cold case on display. The thing looked like a 9"x13" cake pan. Anyway, I ordered a 24 oz Rib eye and it was the best "restaurant" steaks I have ever eaten!!

Well they say they always do things BIG in Texas , I have been to Dallas once in my life , have family there , all the folks that lived in thier neighborhood put on a beef feast the likes of which I have never seen since, ribs , brisket, beef loins , etc. !!!

My wife and I went to Ruths Chris for an Anniversary dinner and it was by far NOT the best steak I've ever had. IMHO they are way over rated and priced.

deputynrc said:
During my trip to Texas to pickup my Gator, we stopped at "The Big Texan" in Amarillo, TX. That is the place that lets you try to eat a 72oz steak. If you can eat it in 1hr, its free. Now they had one of those in the cold case on display. The thing looked like a 9"x13" cake pan. Anyway, I ordered a 24 oz Rib eye and it was the best "restaurant" steaks I have ever eaten!!

How much does it cost if you can't eat it in an hour ?

I agree on Ruth's Chris. I have been taken to 4 and they were all over priced for the quality. There's a place in Nashville called Flemmings, near the Vandy campus. Almost as pricey as RC but by far the best steaks I've ever eaten and the atmosphere isnt anywhere near as stuffy. Haven't found any place yet worth the return visit since moving to PA. The cashier at the grocery store did tell me his dads secret to perfect ribs though...boil them till they almost fall apart then throw them over the flame and cover them in sauce..... all I could do was smile and say thanks... No wonder my neighbors think I have the best ribs...they've never had real ones in their life.

Well I dont get to enjoy expensive steaks very often but there is a place around here called Tumbleweed that has a very cheap $20 T-Bone that is really good.

deputynrc said:
john pen said:
deputynrc said:

How much does it cost if you can't eat it in an hour ?

:eek: $72. You have to eat the 72 oz steak, a baked potato, small salad, roll & a shrimp cocktail in the one hour time frame.

It was a real fun atmoshere

I gotta wonder how many have actually done it...

deputynrc said:
Over 30,000 have attempted since like 1960 and about 6500 have done it. One guy ate 2 and another did it in 9.5 minutes.
They set you up on a stage so ev1 can watch ya. =D> =D> =D>

Oh yea if'n "ya puke, you pay" thats a quote from the waitress!! :grin:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom