Easter Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewHeart

Senior Cook
I decided to smoke the fully cooked Easter ham this year. I rubbed it, and put it in the WSM, running at 200-210º. I basted it every half hour or so with a chicken stock/pineapple juice/dry mustard mop, and glazed it with a honey/pineapple juice glaze.

[attachment=1:482nboyh]DSCF0522.JPG[/attachment:482nboyh]

Plated. Sides were baked yams and apples and asparagus. The stuff between the ham and the yams is a dish that has been a tradition in my wife's family (Her grandmother came from Poland) for at least 100 years. It is cut up ham, kielbasa, and hard-boiled egg, dressed with horseradish and mustard. I add a little mayo to it as well for a bit more moistness.

[attachment=0:482nboyh]DSCF0529.JPG[/attachment:482nboyh]

I have tried to research if this is a traditional Polish Easter dish, but have found nothing. Apparently just a family favorite or possibly a local dish in the town where Grandma came from.

Man bravo thats a great looking easter dinner, never heard of that dish but It sounds very tasty indeed, everything looks great

me and my family got together last Christmas and we are really big family so it was a challenge for me to cook something that everyone loves so i figured i could just do a home grill and some barbeque and chicken for the kids and some beef for the more older generation, i also grilled some veggies especially corn as i know a lot of us in the family really loves it.we had a blast! looking forward to the next easter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom