Early St. Patty's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Since my wife and I both have to work Monday we decided to celebrate St. Patty's Day a day early.
I soaked a corned beef for about 4 hrs. sprinkled with black pepper and put it on the WSM along with a small flat rubbed with Uncle Al's rub. Cooking over KF and cheery wood.
I also fired up the UDS to see how well it does on a long cook. The butt is rubbed with a heavy dose of Wolfe Rub Original. Cooking with KF and hickory.
Later my beautiful Irish wife will be making the traditional boiled dinner.
Now it's time to drink till I turn green. :D
2.gif

Puff said:
Temps from both cookers. WSM on the left. UDS on the left.

Ok, I'm now confused! Both are on the left. One says the food is way done, the other is just coming along. Have you been trying the beer part of St. Patty's day? :LOL: :shock:

:oops: OOPS! :LOL: WSM on the left and the UDS on the right.(The other left) I have the probe in the flat in the WSM and no probe in the butt on the UDS. Yes the beer is flowing quite well :D

Here's the goods for the boiled dinner and I snapped a pic of the butt.

Diva you're more than welcome anytime.
Vlad I'll whip something else up for you to eat
;)

I found a recipe to make smoked cabbage in Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ book. I figured I'd give it a try.

Puff said:
I found a recipe to make smoked cabbage in Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ book. I figured I'd give it a try.

Dr Wolfe gave you a recipe too, obviously you chose not to use it! Go ahead and listen to Dr. BBQ he's fatter than me! :LOL:

P.S. I'd foil that cabbage, don't say I didn't warn you! :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:

Dr Wolfe gave you a recipe too, obviously you chose not to use it! Go ahead and listen to Dr. BBQ he's fatter than me! :LOL:
I mixed the two together. (I did use the boullion) I think the sausage idea was great. I deedn't have none.
Now quit your whining.

Cliff H. said:
Looking good Puff.

Looks like you have plenty of room in that drum for a couple of more butts. :D
Just a trial run bro'. Plenty of room for more. :D

My wife says whenever I Q I over do it . There's only 3 of us here.
So if anyone is hungry stop on by! I have enough to feed an army!

Smoked flat

Smoked corned beef

Boiled corned beef(sorry...she's Irish :shock: )

Green beer bread

The butt on the UDS is at 168* the drum cruised at 233* for the last 7 hrs. and still going :D I seem to have recieved a new tatoo though. I reached into the drum to shake the charcoal basket and ........ :shock:
It's a good kind of pain though :D
The smoked cabbage is still on the WSM. I got the idea kind of late.

No it was my arm :oops:
I tried the smoked cabbage and have decided cabbage should be either, boiled, or made into slaw. Not smoked :shock:

My little ham hammin' it up for the camera :D

Back
Top Bottom