Dry conditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MUShand

Senior Cook
I cooked this weekend and EVERTHING dried out! I have never had that happens before. Anyone think the dry conditions with high ambient temps impact the moisture content in meats?[attachment=0:3bh1enqv]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341115326.837754.jpg[/attachment:3bh1enqv]

I doubt it. It's been near 100 outside and really dry here, and when I dry things out, it's because I get distracted and overcook things.

If you are still convinced it's the weather, you could try using a water pan.

BOB

What pit temps are you trying to maintain? Low and slow with rapid air exchange makes a great dehydrator. Are you cooking on a gasser?

Ok that top sliding grate looks just like my grand prize winning gasser. Are you wrapping? Aint humanly possible to cook a decent brisket on a typical log burner without the Noo Yawk Crutch...aka Rynolds wrap. What kinda sop/mop are you using? What are you shooting it up with? Thanks.

I do wrap in aluminum after it reaches ~160! I didn't shoot this with much other than beef broth. I don't
Op at all. When it reached 185 ish I pulled it off and placed it in the cooker wrapped in towels. Would plastic rap be better? I am thinking and reading that some fat cap is a must. A naked brisket is a soon to be dry brisket!

Back
Top Bottom