Doing a little RDT&E

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been working on a new product so I'm doing doing a little RDT&E on a 6lb chuck roast on the Performer using the Wolfe Rub "Bold" prototype. The Bold is more robust, coarse and spicier than the Original Wolfe Rub. Should go very well with beef, but I'll wait and see.

I'm using the Performer with 1 charcoal basket with Kingsford and Hickory chips mixed in.

A few years from now I'll be saying "Yeah, I knew Larry back when it was just a little business run out of his house."

Griff

I still have no is idea why you insist on using hickory smoke with beef...try mesquite!!! :(

Good luck with the new rub trial... [-o<

We're slowly getting there. Temps at 160*, still got a ways to go, but it smells awfully good so far!!

Let me be the first to volunteer for any field Beta testing that may be necessary prior to "Bold Wolfe" Rub becoming available to the public.

I think I came close, but no home run. I've definitely got a good base to go with. It needs more "punch", it's got spice, just not enough to be called "Bold"! I think I'm about 2 Tablespoons from the home run! Gonna try some steaks one day this week and see what happens.

Anyways, this was a good chuck roast. Chucks are defnitely worth the effort of cooking!

Back
Top Bottom