Doin' the butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wittdogs B

Senior Cook
We were out of pulled pork :shock: With all the sausage we were making this weekend, we decided to do it as an overnighter on the WSM. Then he decided I would do it as an over nighter....

rubbed with witt rub:

Putting them on the WSM (after shoveling out the 1 1/2 foot snow drift)

Smoking away:

12 hours in:

Added some of the sausages to taste later:

Tons of bark (YAY!!). Dave is mixing up some carolina gold sauce to go on them.

(Too bad Pen's in FLA! :D )

You don't want to know how many 100lbs of charcoal I go thru in a season....was at the store where I get my charcoal and the lady had to ask me twice if I got the right stuff..cuz instead of the Hump Lump I went with the Hump Bricks....

Just got done having dinner..the PP was awsome..don't know if it was cuz I didn't cook it (you guys know what I mean but have your funny anyway :D )....I think I'm done with the fat cap on butts...while cutting up the butts to make sausage I came to the realization that the fat cap wasn't need for Q...no fat cap=more bark....

wittdog said:
Just got done having dinner..the PP was awsome..don't know if it was cuz I didn't cook it (you guys know what I mean but have your funny anyway :D )....I think I'm done with the fat cap on butts...while cutting up the butts to make sausage I came to the realization that the fat cap wasn't need for Q...no fat cap=more bark....

I agree with the fat cap thing. I am going to remove it on my next burn. 8)

oct_97 said:
Nice job, did you send some down for me with Pen?
He said he was coming to see you :D Better stock up on Light Beer....Hell he'll probably swing by here on his way back to pick up a few bags of PP :D

After cooking brisket this weekend and scraping off the fat cap, exposing the same no bark condition below the fat I am going to do my next one with the fat removed. My smoker runs very humid. I hope humid enough. Briskets are becoming a favorite of mine. I will smoke one in a pan with no fat cap and the other no fat cap on the grate.
Nice Butts, Ms. Witt :D :D Respectfully, someone had to say it . :D

Back
Top Bottom