Dinner Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Finally had the last of the pulled pork from Q-Ganza...still as good as the original day! God bless the FoodSaver!!

Ribs tomorrow with the new rib rack courtesy of Bruce!! :D :(

I did 2 - 8.75lb. shoulders yesterday. 1 1/4 I pulled and brought to my associations BBQ, the other 3/4 I left at home for my 2 kids and some of there friends. Well when I got home, 4 people ate the 3/4 shoulder I left for the kids, I mean the whole thing! Should have been able to feed 8 - 10 people with what I had left home!

Greg Rempe said:
Finally had the last of the pulled pork from Q-Ganza...still as good as the original day! God bless the FoodSaver!!

Now why would you want to ruin perfectly good pork by putting that tomato sludge all over it?

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":kgi6l37y]Finally had the last of the pulled pork from Q-Ganza...still as good as the original day! God bless the FoodSaver!!

Now why would you want to ruin perfectly good pork by putting that tomato sludge all over it?[/quote:kgi6l37y]

He needs some Scotts on them sammies!

Captain Morgan said:
Put it on spaghetti where it belongs.

Speaking of that I was watching BBQ w/Bobby Fag this weekend and they had some joint on there that specialized in BBQ Spaghetti. I'll see if I can find more info on it and post it. But it really looked gross if you ask me.

BTW, tomato vs. vinegar based Q sauce :pop:

I just bought a Food Saver this weekend FINALLY. Did 6 split chickens and vacuumed most! Best damn chicken I ever did! Brined em and took the pit up to about 300 for two hours. mmmmmmmmm! Juicy!

Woody you're gonna love the foodsaver, it will also save you money. Cook a bunch when you fire up the pit, and eat for weeks! However, it leads to not cooking as often. :-(

Woodman said:
I just bought a Food Saver this weekend FINALLY. Did 6 split chickens and vacuumed most! Best damn chicken I ever did! Brined em and took the pit up to about 300 for two hours. mmmmmmmmm! Juicy!

Don't you know that brining is taboo?? :taunt:

Larry Wolfe said:
Woodman said:

Don't you know that brining is taboo?? :taunt:

Unless you wrap in foil!!! #-o #-o #-o [-X

I don't brine smaller individual pieces, but I do whole chicks or turks. Makes em juicy I swear!

Woodman said:
I don't brine smaller individual pieces, but I do whole chicks or turks. Makes em juicy I swear!

There's no reason to brine turkeys, haven't you learned anything from this board Woody??? We do tons every year and they come out so juicy you'll need a bib to eat them. As soon as the pop-up timer goes off we pull them, they are absolutely perfect EVERYTIME. 8-[

When my chicken or turkey gets dried out, I just brine them after they're cooked. They come out so juicy !!!!!

:!: Al

Uncle Al said:
When my chicken or turkey gets dried out, I just brine them after they're cooked. They come out so juicy !!!!!

:!: Al

Great idea Al, I've done that with butts and brisket before but never thought about poultry!! Gonna try it soon! :winkie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom