Different wood smoke flavor.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used Orange and Grapefruit before and these are both ones that do give a citrus flavor to what is cooked, slightly. I burn what I can get. White Oak and the Austrailian Pine.

john pen said:
bigwheel said:
.... is like a black cat eating liquorish in a coal car with the door shut at midnight on a moonless night. bigwheel

I cant wait to work that line into conversation...

It was darker than......
.......Ray Charles's "sun" glasses 8)

GH Wrote:
I almost forgot a wood I got after the hurricanes last year. A couple logs of Buttonwood. It gave a peppery flavor to the food. It was good stuff.

What's a buttonwood, just curious. :?

Well swear I have heard the term Buttonwood...but dont recall anything about it. Now apricot is some great wood. Very fruity n aromatic. Highest purpose is to be used as a flavoring wood with an Ozark Oak base for chicken on the R2D2. Now I had a chunk one time which come from Shingleman and it smelled so much like Chanel #5 when it got to burning I drug it outta there. I did not want no dead chicken to smell like perfume. Now this was a big cut chunk from a large limb and it was real dense as in maybe part green. Usually I want a touch I just break off a few dead limbs from the apricot tree. Little tamer tasting in that configuration. Plum is also excellent.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom