Decision 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're right, I do live in a 2 billion acre forest. Most of it is pine and spruce (mmmmmm, good) and the rest is poplar and birch. Not bad for heat but not great for flavour. I have to travel 100 miles to get maple or oak and 4 or 500 to get hickory or cherry. A guy who makes paddles nearby brings in cherry logs and sells the scraps but not much and not often. I will think about pellet cookers only because wood can be a problem here.
Ironic, eh? 2 billion acres and nothing fit to burn.

I'd move back to the city.... :LOL:
Sounds like this would be a big headache cooking with wood then,,,your always hauling and restocking from the back end,,well kloset gave the aok on a pellet cooker and mentioned he would take pellets over charcoal anytime,seems he's onto something good,i sampled some ribs and brisket off a pellet cooker and wasn't impressed,though i kept thinking it was the cook and not the cooker.

Make sure the cooker is the insulated cabinet pellet cooker,the offsets are made of thin sheetmetal.

wsm

Im very new to the smoking thing and old to the BBQ but ive just bought a WSM and it runs perfectly (almost) at 225 using the Minion method however i think the wind does kick its a** a little. hope this helps. db

Back
Top Bottom