Decided to cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
So my wife is graduating from college today. Originally I wasn't gonna cook anything but at the last minute decided to have my parents and her parents over for a little bbq later on tonight. I'm trying something a little different. I'm marinading 3 racks of loin backs in a red wine marinade. Then instead of beer can chicken, I'm doing apple juice can cornish game hens. I've got the birds marinading in Goya Mojo. I figure when the ribs come off and go into the foil I'll put them on the gasser to finish and put the birds on the WSM. Also made a pan of Bill the Grill Guys baked beans, man those things are good. They should do a pod cast about them! Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures later on tonight.

DO NOT let those birds sit for longer than 4 hours in mojo. Or if you do, You can tell me, I told you so! You will have a bitter bird any thing over 4 hours. Trust me, Been there, Done that! There is so much citrus in there they start to cook in the mojo. Just a thought.

Oh yea, Congrats on the wife graduating. =D> (my bad) We only have another year on my wife's tuition loan left to pay off from 5 years ago. I hope your wife lands a job she loves and it will pay off. :D Best of luck.

Puff said:
Sounds good Nick :!:
What are these beans you speak of? 8-[

This is I beleive Bill the Grill Guys baked beans. Cappy made them when I was in Myrtle Beach and I thought they were the best I ever had!

One large can of Show Boat beans (24 servings)
One lb sausage, I like Jimmy Dean
One onion
One green pepper
1 tb fennel seed
1/4 c brown suger
3/4 c ketchup
1/4 c viniger
Brown the sausage, add the onion pepper and fennel seed. Drain the beans, add to a 1/2 pan and combine all ingrediants. Bake covered at 350 for 45 min or until bubbly.

Okay, here's the pics. I didn't care for the ribs, I marinaded them for the first time and didn't like the flavor. Cornish game hens were good though as were the beans (thanks again Cappy & Bill).

The appitizers were put together by my kids. They didn't think I'd post them. Next step for my wife is to get a job!

Had a bum cook with ribs myself :-(
But them dancin' chickens look good \:D/

Everything looks great Nick :!:
What are the appetizers?

Again congrats to your'e wife =D>

Back
Top Bottom