Day one done...now for day two!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I got the itch from Airboss when he started talking about his ham so I went out yesterday and bought a 5lb pork butt and threw it on last night around ten. It finished around 1pm today and I whipped up some beans and Smokein and his wife brought some pot salad! I vac packed the leftovers for later eats!

I am now in the process of re-starting again, this time with a 6lb brisket. Yes, a whole brisket...it has a point and a flat! Going to put it on around 11pm tonight and hope for a 11am to noon or 1pm finish (pulling it off at 190* internal) then brisket sammies for 4th of July!

Man, I love a multi-day smoke!! :!:

Robo-Chachi said:
15 hours for a 5lb butt?

I'm trying to figure out how long my 7.25 will take me. Was that 15 all on the smoker? What temp were you maintaining?

I usually take the amount of the butt times 2 for hrs expected and then add two for safe measure!

All done on the WSM at 235*-245* :D

Always give yourself a few hours head start. The meat will hold fine in a cooler with a couple of hot bricks and some towels. I've got 2 butts on , 1- 8 lbs. & 1 9 1/2 lbs. I'm figuring 24 hours @ 215*. If there early, into the cooler they go!

I boil water and prehaet the cooler before wrapping the butts in foil and then putting towels over them!

2:23am...looked at the ET-73 and it says 288* in the pit!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!!

1 vent closed
2 vents w/ a bit more than slits open

???????

Back to bed and hoping it's not done by 6am! :badgrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom