Damaged WSM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
My wife suprised me today with a brand spankin' new weber smokey mountain. She loves me!!! I cant wait to try it out.

I was putting it together this evening and I think the center ring is bent slightly. When the lid was on there was a tight seal on one side, but 90 degrees around there is a 1/4-1/2" gap. Enough to see the grate. And the silver charcoal access cover isnt flush with the center ring either.

It must of been damaged in shipping. She ordered it from amazon. How's weber with these kinds of issues? Will they send me a replacement or am I looking at weeks of headache?

THanks.

Weber has great customer service, call them and tell them the problem and they will ship you out new parts to replace the damaged one's and you don't even have to return the damaged parts.

Love2<º((((>< said:
My wife suprised me today with a brand spankin' new weber smokey mountain. She loves me!!! I cant wait to try it out.

I was putting it together this evening and I think the center ring is bent slightly. When the lid was on there was a tight seal on one side, but 90 degrees around there is a 1/4-1/2" gap. Enough to see the grate. And the silver charcoal access cover isnt flush with the center ring either.

It must of been damaged in shipping. She ordered it from amazon. How's weber with these kinds of issues? Will they send me a replacement or am I looking at weeks of headache?

THanks.

Call Amazon first, because that is what Weber is going to tell you to do since you ordered it from them. You should have a replacement within a week at most. Most of the access doors do not fit flush and will leak some air when new. Bend the door with your hand or a rubber mallet until it's as close as you can get it, within a handful of cooks the gunk from cooking with help make a decent seal.

When I bought my second WSM it had the that problem, and Weber shipped out a new center section right away. It to had the same problem, and once again Weber shipped another center section that was right. Brian

Back
Top Bottom