Dales/Moores Seasoning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Looking for anyone who has used either/or for injecting briskets......NOT looking for any revealed secrets but I am looking for anyone who has used either one and cut the strength with water or something else. Any help would be appreciated!

Aint messed with much myself but they seemed a little soy sauce infested from reading the ingredient list. Now I got a chum who uses em fairly frequent. Think last time we spoke of such things he preferred Moores cuz I think he say it was less salty or something to that effect. Not sure eggxactly whut he uses for but I think he must soak or perhaps used to soak briskets in it. I nearly know he do not shoot em up with it. I think he has jumped on the FAB boat here lately and shoots em up with that. Now he do that injecting and could also soak em in Moores too. Maybe thats whut that old trickster is up to. Yeah..that must be the ticket.

bigwheel

Dales is a quik/strong marinade where Moores is a little milder I never tried them on briskits, But I have used them on fish & chicken

i use only use dales for grilled pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon, now thats some good stuff

bigwheel said:
Aint messed with much myself but they seemed a little soy sauce infested from reading the ingredient list. Now I got a chum who uses em fairly frequent. Think last time we spoke of such things he preferred Moores cuz I think he say it was less salty or something to that effect. Not sure eggxactly whut he uses for but I think he must soak or perhaps used to soak briskets in it. I nearly know he do not shoot em up with it. I think he has jumped on the FAB boat here lately and shoots em up with that. Now he do that injecting and could also soak em in Moores too. Maybe thats whut that old trickster is up to. Yeah..that must be the ticket.

bigwheel

I'd do the FAB thing too BW unfortunately it's availability has become scarce......as far as Dales taste, yes, it has double the sodium as Moore's unfortunately my grocery store has a bottle of Moore's that was out of date last year :roll: I'm not wanting to inject with 100% Dales/Moores looking for something to cut it with.

I spoke with Witt last night and he gave some good ideas I'll try.....thanks for all the help

Yeah been hearing rumors Joe's delivery schedule been getting a little outta whack due to him being laid up with ticker troubles. I come up with a purty good brisket injection one time by adding a small can of Pineapple juice to the equation. If I was determined to shoot up and I was out of FAB might consider a beef broth base spiked with the Moores/Dales and the pineapple juice. Would think about 16 oz of good broth..can of juice and a juice can full of Dales should be just whut the doctor ordered. I would give it plenty of rest such as at least overnight in the ice box and drag it out and slap it around a little occasionally so it disperses well..gets rid of the pecker tracks etc. If the Dales or the broth got chunks would be good to strain it first I think. Just thinking out loud here of course.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Yeah been hearing rumors Joe's delivery schedule been getting a little outta whack due to him being laid up with ticker troubles. I come up with a purty good brisket injection one time by adding a small can of Pineapple juice to the equation. If I was determined to shoot up and I was out of FAB might consider a beef broth base spiked with the Moores/Dales and the pineapple juice. Would think about 16 oz of good broth..can of juice and a juice can full of Dales should be just whut the doctor ordered. I would give it plenty of rest such as at least overnight in the ice box and drag it out and slap it around a little occasionally so it disperses well..gets rid of the pecker tracks etc. If the Dales or the broth got chunks would be good to strain it first I think. Just thinking out loud here of course.

bigwheel

that's what I hear too and I think his son is takin over but doesn't have the interest in Q like his old man did.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom