Cowboy, Royal Oak or Kingsford Charwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokemaster

Senior Cook
I'm back in the states for a short while and need advise on lump. I already checked nakedwhiz.com . I'd like to hear from you.

I'm leaning towards Kingsford Charwood. But need to check which Royal Oak wallyworld is selling.

smokemaster said:
But need to check which Royal Oak wallyworld is selling.

I've only used Nature Glo (which the Whiz says is Royal Oak in a different bag), but I have tried both the Made in USA lump, and the Made in Paraguay, and found little, if any, difference. So if you're referring to the origin of the Royal Oak, I don't think you will go wrong with either of them.

Diva Q said:
None of them!

Basques Hardwood Charcoal.

Also rated extremely well on naked whiz !

right on diva....just tried some this weekend, pretty nice stuff....

i didn't like the cowboy stuff at all....too many funny-looking pieces...

Rob

Helen_Paradise said:
Finney said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":2zzyi8du]D) None of the above

BBQ Galore Lump

I think that's RO. :roll:

Well, hell...thank god I bought that bag of Green Egg something or other ;) or is that RO wrapped up nicely?[/quote:2zzyi8du]

it would be the wrapped nice stuff...at a much higher price...still RO. might as well just give up and go to your nearest wally world and get some RO :D

I'm trying a bag of Kingsfor Charwood this weekend on a couple of butts and a brisket. I'm starting them in about an hour. Tomorrow evening I'll let you know how it did. As far as Cowboy goes, it's end cuts from hardwood flooring and molding so it basicly cooks ok, but seems a bit too ashy.

And I will include pics too.

Back
Top Bottom