Covering the girls for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
a multi job cook. Getting ready for the AM cook in the rain.

I have a few drop and goes coming up and needed to get the meats done so I have the girls all covered up and ready to fire up in the morning. I'll be cooking 10 butts, 1 brisket, and 3 racks of spares. I'll get up early and crank things up.

STAY TUNED, more to come.

Now those are some fine pics Bill.
Cookers at the ready and a fridge full of meat :D

I built a winter tent around my cooker as well.

Gonna rig up some lights and such but won't jack yer thread with it.

Looks dry man...that and the wind are the variables that are beasts.

Brova man
peace

Lookin' fine Bill! :D

I wish I was set up with a wind-break 2 weekends
ago when cooking that pig.... I was on the edge of a windy field
and it was 31 degrees that night with a light frost!

Cliff H. said:
When do you plan to be finished and are you going to pull/vac all that meat tomorrow ?

Yep, I will re-heat for the job by droping the vac bags in boiling water on friday. Some of them will be delivered cold.

Larry, play hookie and come on down brother. Beer is in the fridge!

Okay, got the girls fired up and the meat is one. Doing a little experimenting. I have 8 butts in WRB and 2 are done with Head Country rub. The ribs are done up with WRO, YUMMY. The brisket has my rub on it. The lady that ordered the brisket is from New Mexico and LOVES my texas style brisket. ;)

Looking good as usual Bill! You wanna bring Petunia over, I have to do a case of butts for a work function in a couple weeks.

Ribs are foiled and the butts are smelling good. This damp air keeps the smoke low. The wife called and said she can smell the Q from work.

I can smell smoke here in Fort Belvoir too! But it's from the beans and smoked turkey I brought in for these moochers!

Looking good Bill!

As long as it isn't pouring rain, cooking is ok on a day like that. My last couple cooks went like that. Heavy damp air keeping the smoke low, the biggest problem I had was keeping the fire going.
Looks fantasic...as usual :P

Back
Top Bottom