Corn cob jelly ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boozer

Sous Chef
Changing it up a bit, because I am out of brown sugar, and I've been drinking today, so not driving to the store. I do have a lot of corn cob jelly, so I wrapped the ribs with that (and butter) instead. Might even be an improvement, we'll see. I will post some pics later.

corncobjelly ribs tasted great, a bit lighter sweetness than brown sugar really brought out the spicy. Unfortunately, it gave the ribs a really ugly blackish color. Can't use it for comps, but I will be using it for myself on a regular basis.

Attachments

• 20130914172710.jpg
    20130914172710.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 308
  • 20130914175317.jpg
    20130914175317.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 309
Oh sorry, another regional thing, maybe. Ok, so take your corn cobs (after you eat the corn) maybe 7-8 or so. boil em in 2 quarts of water for a half hour. them strain the liquid, should be about 4 or 5 cups of corncob water left. however much there is, match it with an equal amount of sugar, a box of surejell pectin, and a bit of lemon juice (maybe tsp) then get the corn cob water boiling again, stir in the sugar pectin and lemon juice and keep stirring the shit out of it for a minute, then ladle it into some sterilized jars, and process in a water bath for 10-15 and put em on a shelf or whatever. Give it a couple days then eat it. s'good stuff, tastes like honey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom